• Announcements

• Polanskiman

DSM 6.2-23739 - WARNING   05/23/2018

This is a MAJOR update of DSM. DO NOT UPDATE TO DSM 6.2 with Jun's loader 1.02b or earlier. Your box will be bricked.  You have been warned.   https://www.synology.com/en-global/releaseNote/DS3615xs
    • Polanskiman

Email server issues - FIXED   06/14/2018

We have been experiencing email server issues. We are working on it. Bear with us. Thank you. ------------- Problem has been fixed. You might receive duplicate emails. Sorry for that.

Hi,

I need some help !

I've been trying tutorials on the forum here but I cannot get my Xpenology upgraded from DSM 5.2-5967 to DSM 6.X.  The only thing I can do is get a better version of DSM 5 and I can do that via control Panel on the diskStation.

The bootloader I am using seems to be a discontinued one - the XPEnoboot 5.2-5967.1.  Its great for getting DSM 5 installed on a Hard drive with little effort.  There seems to be the new bootloader - Jun's loader - but it doesn't boot up on my machine while the older boot loader does.  Is there an XPEnoboot for DSM 6?

I've tried installing DSM 6.X via control panel (and XPEnoboot 5 ). it actually installs but then get an Execution error.  I've  all the usual like correct PID/VID/Mac Address/Serial Number correct and started in debug mode but get stuck.    Synology Assistant either says suitable for migration or recoverable but I have to wipe the HD and start again.  

Why does the loaders not boot ? Is there not something like XPEnoboot for DSM 6?  What are your suggestions

For DSM 6 Most people use jun's loader, however as you have discovered it does not contain as many drivers as the 5.2 loader. In order for you to get some assistance please list the hardware you are using i.e. motherboard, network card etc.

4 minutes ago, Dfds said:

For DSM 6 Most people use jun's loader, however as you have discovered it does not contain as many drivers as the 5.2 loader. In order for you to get some assistance please list the hardware you are using i.e. motherboard, network card etc.

Thanks for your reply!  I didn't know about the drivers.  I'm using an old laptop before I move to NAS hardware I'm getting.

Brand    HP
Item model number    DV6-6053ea
Processor Brand    Intel
Processor Type    Core i7
Processor Speed    2 GHz
Processor Count    4
RAM     8 GB
Computer Memory Type    DDR3 SDRAM
Hard Drive 100GB 
Hard Disk Technology    HDD
Additional Drives    DVD+-RW
Graphics Card Description    AMD Radeon HD 6490M

Network Card Integrated 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN
Wireless Type    802.11bgn, Bluetooth
Hardware Platform    PC
Operating System    Windows 10 Premium 64bit

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-pavilion-dv6-6000-entertainment-notebook-pc-series/5048664/model/5081030/document/c02800831

Check the bios sata mode is correctly set to ahci.

also make sure you are using a matching boot loader to the DSM - check the tutorials

41 minutes ago, sbv3000 said:

Check the bios sata mode is correctly set to ahci.

also make sure you are using a matching boot loader to the DSM - check the tutorials

I can't make any changes to the AHCI in the BIOS on this HP OEM laptop.  There are no options to change bar boot order, date time etc.

I was making sure that I had matching Bootloader and DSM but I couldn't even get the laptop to boot up, No text on screen, nothing.

I thought XPEnoboot 5.2 would be less advanced than Jun's loader.