XPEnology Community

No connection after update

zkser

Question

I have updated to the latest "DSM 6.1.4-15217 Update 5" recently, the auto reboot works fine.

I turned off the machine yesterday, and turning it on today. It got no network connection at all.

I m unable to access via ip address anymore.

Any suggest how to fix it?

Thanks.

8 answers to this question

44 minutes ago, toastboy said:

Is it picking up an ip adress (check the router)?

Can you ping it?

find.synology.com or assistant find it?

If you connect a monitor to it and boot, does it show the normal screens?

It shows the normal screen and usual boot message,

No ip address get assigned. Can't ping it at all.

13 hours ago, zkser said:

It shows the normal screen and usual boot message,

No ip address get assigned. Can't ping it at all.

Check the network cables and connections.

If you have reserved an IP address on your router, delete it, let the NAS get a new address.

Possibly the update may have changed the network drivers somehow and they are not loading correctly. Try making a serial connection (check the FAQ) and you will be able to see the full driver load process and DHCP/IP

9 hours ago, sbv3000 said:

Check the network cables and connections.

If you have reserved an IP address on your router, delete it, let the NAS get a new address.

Possibly the update may have changed the network drivers somehow and they are not loading correctly. Try making a serial connection (check the FAQ) and you will be able to see the full driver load process and DHCP/IP

Tested the cable is fine, there is no manual ip assign on the router.

if you have a spare hdd and usb disk, try a clean install with the base 6.1 loader (disconnect your raid hdds), then go through the updates to 6.1.4 U5, see if the same problem arises. If it does not then use that 'new' loader disk with your raid disks. If it does then you will need a serial connection to diagnose

On 1/6/2018 at 5:46 AM, sbv3000 said:

if you have a spare hdd and usb disk, try a clean install with the base 6.1 loader (disconnect your raid hdds), then go through the updates to 6.1.4 U5, see if the same problem arises. If it does not then use that 'new' loader disk with your raid disks. If it does then you will need a serial connection to diagnose

Yes i did @Polanskiman.

Used his suggest, created a new USB loader and used a empty hard drive, once the synology run after setup, i plugged the old drives back, and the old box is back, everything looks same, except need to do a repair suggested by the OS itself. The repair took less than 30seconds.

Thanks for all the helps.