XPEnology Community

DSVideo FireTV

vicrod74

Question

4 answers to this question

2 hours ago, sbv3000 said:

did you give your user account permissions to use the app?  control panel>user>edit>applications>tick video station

Yes I gave permission to my user account.  I checked the firewall settings, it's on port 9008.  I even restarted the NAS.   It's the FireTV that's not connecting because I can connect with my iPhone. 

Very weird :roll:

6 hours ago, vicrod74 said:

Yes I gave permission to my user account.  I checked the firewall settings, it's on port 9008.  I even restarted the NAS.   It's the FireTV that's not connecting because I can connect with my iPhone. 

Very weird :roll:

is the stick wifi connection through wpa? try connecting with your wireless key, I saw some threads saying some wpa connections time out on some routers maybe this is upsetting the ds app logging on?. other option is to use media server

2 hours ago, sbv3000 said:

is the stick wifi connection through wpa? try connecting with your wireless key, I saw some threads saying some wpa connections time out on some routers maybe this is upsetting the ds app logging on?. other option is to use media server

I'm using the 2nd Generation FireTV.  Nevermind,  I think this is an Amazon DSVideo issue - at least for the latest App.  I tried my Samsung Smart TV and it worked perfectly. I think there's a bug on that App for the FireTV 

Anyway -  Thanks for your help. :)