XPEnology Community

Virus/Trojan - 4.3 Update your Xpenology now

stanza

There is a minerd vunerability in earlier DSM

NBVdQLT.png

See Here

http://forum.synology.com/enu/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=78993

"The security breach you are referring to has only affected users using DSM 4.3 and has not affected 4.2 or previous versions. From what our engineers can tell it was a security hole that was initially present in 4.3-3776 but was not there in 4.2 and previous."

I would suggest people using 4.3 update their Xpenology installs to Trantors latest to avoid having some scum take over your NAS to use it for bitcoin/litecoin mining etc

Either 4.3 build 3810 v1

http://xpenology.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1700

or

4.3 build 3810 1.1 v4 Beta

http://xpenology.trantor.be/beta/

Then use this guide to update it to the lastest from Synology

4.3 build 3810 v3

===============

1. First check if you're able to download update 3 from the GUI (Control Panel, DSM Update) - Download the update.

- 1a. If not able to download, connect/login with putty/telnet (user: root)

- 1b. Remove /autoupd@te.info (rm /autoupd@te.info)

- 1c. Now try to donwload update 3 from GUI again (Control Panel, DSM Update)

2. Connect/login with putty/telnet and execute these 2 commands:

sed 's/flashupdateDeb/flashupdateDeb1/' /autoupd@te.info > /autoupd@te.info1
mv /autoupd@te.info1 /autoupd@te.info

3. Install the update from GUI (Control Panel, DSM Update)

=============

Update

A second option is as follows from user costib who kindy grabbed the update package before it was deleted

Update Update

If you have troubles with the below instructions, try disconnecting from the internet whilst performing the update.

His instructions are

To Manually Update to 4.3 build 3810 v4:

1. Transfer via ftp "autoupd@te.info" and "@smallupd@te_deb" to /volume1/public

2. Connect/login with putty/telnet and execute these 2 commands:

cp /volume1/public/autoupd@te.info /

cp -a /volume1/public/@smallupd@te_deb/ /volume1/

3. Go to Control Pannel - DSM Update and press the Update Now button

I have uploaded the update and you can Download it here for a short while 33.6Mb

http://stanzabike.net/DSM_4.3-3810_Update_4.rar

Mirror from Trantor

http://xpenology.trantor.be/beta/DSM_4.3-3810_Update_4.rar

Edited by Guest

1 hour after I upgraded to 4.3 v4, my xpenology crash (Kernel Panic).

(I follow the procedure from this thread)

TFK8p16.jpg

This is the first time it happen. (I installed Xpenology 1 month ago)

But, I'm not sure it is related to the update. I was doing a massive music scan with PLEX when the Xpenology crashed.

Am I the only one?

Thank you

My config

-------------

HP N54L

8 gig ram

4 x 3 Tb (Western Digital Red)

Dual Nic HP NC360T

Hello guys, I'm pretty new to the Xpenology stuff, however I'd like to kindly ask you if there is any safe way how to upgrade Trantor's XPEnology DS3612xs DSM 4.3 build 3810 (ESXi v1.0) to the v1.1 (or v1.1beta4) without loosing my data on ESXi 5.5.

I'm having issues with NFS and CIFS/samba on the v1.0 and seems that NFS should be corrected in the v1.1 - no info about samba/cifs issues though.. (I can't mount any shared folder from other nas/pc/servers within LAN to the Xpenology, and also I'm having problems to mounting shared folders from Xpenology on other Linux systems whereas it works on other NAS and/or on Win).

If there's no way how to simple upgrade should I just remove all mapped devices to the Xpenology, install new 1.1 from the scratch to the ESXi and mount disks?

Thanks

Trantors 3810 v1.0 works fine on NFS

Don't use the betas as they do not

Are you sure you have the settings correct? As I found it challenging to setup 1st time...

Easiest way is to make a new line for each IP address you would like to share NFS with...

@ stanza:

Do you know what are the location/path inside DSM and files contained into this update package?

I want to save/archive them on my disk separately for future use just in case I don't have an internet connection available.

Thanks.

SOLVED, files/folders required for update are:

> /autoupd@te.info - this file has to be modified as explained by stanza in the first post at step nr. 2

> /volume1/@smallupd@te_deb - this folder contains 37 deb files required for update 4 considering you have DSM 4.3-3810 installed without any previous update

@stanza:

I can provide you a zip(33.5MB) with all the required files if you want, so you can enhance your original post and add the manual upgrade procedure steps and a download link to the update 4 package.

PS: I cannot host the zip file, but it might be on Trantor's server if he agrees.

ok running a xp490 burned the usb key popped it into the unit and booted up and its not being found. I rebooted I even went as far as removing the hdd's and still nothing.. I remember this was a pain in the ass on 4.2 i even almost went as far as smashing the ex490 with a rubber mallet. I dont believe this has to do with the nic settings or anything.. any reason why this thing isnt working?. Got both blue leds light and aqua blinking

Update: use bottom usb port otherwise it wont boot

@ stanza:

Do you know what are the location/path inside DSM and files contained into this update package?

I want to save/archive them on my disk separately for future use just in case I don't have an internet connection available.

Thanks.

SOLVED, files/folders required for update are:

> /autoupd@te.info - this file has to be modified as explained by stanza in the first post at step nr. 2

> /volume1/@smallupd@te_deb - this folder contains 37 deb files required for update 4 considering you have DSM 4.3-3810 installed without any previous update

@stanza:

I can provide you a zip(33.5MB) with all the required files if you want, so you can enhance your original post and add the manual upgrade procedure steps and a download link to the update 4 package.

PS: I cannot host the zip file, but it might be on Trantor's server if he agrees.

Sounds good, send me a pm with address and I will pop it up on my host for a while :wink: