hemant

DSM 6.1.4 timezone

Question

Hi Guys,

I'm running DSM 6.1.4 on a HP DC7900, today I noticed that my time is not correct in my DSM.

I use NTP to sync with my AD server problem is that the DSM quickly sync but then changes back to being 1 hour ahead of my timezone GMT+2. I put Amstersdam GMT+1 as timezone and enabled NTP to my AD. cannot sems to figure out why it changes back every time.

Even when doing this manually it changes the time to GMT +2 instead of GMT+1, anyone knows why or has  a fix?

Cheers,

Hemant

5 answers to this question

Your AD server seems to be the problem. Check its time is correct. If that's not the problem check your Bios time.

Hi,

AD server time is correct, also all clients show correct time, only problem is with DSM server which is 2 hours ahead while timezone is same, it updates correctly with AD but shows wrong time.

I noticed that TVheadend has correct time while it is on the DSM server it shows the same time as my AD server.

Hemant

Posted (edited)

Hi Freind sorry for the late reply, I updated tyo version 6.1.5 and the problem dissapeared, so something to do with Synology I guess.

I did not change any setting on AD nor on the Bios, guess a bug-fix with 6.1.5.

Cheers,

Hemant

Edited by hemant

The question(s) in this topic have been answered and/or the topic author has resolved their issue. This topic is now closed. If you have other questions, please open a new topic.