XPEnology Community

Greetings. VMM not working.

Jeff Savage

Greeting. I am having trouble getting VMM (Virtual Machine Manager) to work. If it matters, I'm using an AMD Phenom II 965 on a Biostar TA970 mobo with 24 GB of RAM.

Using Jun Loader 1.02b and DSM 6.1.4-15217 Update 3. Jun Loader is unmodified, except the Grub.cfg, where "disable_mtrr_trim" was added to make full use of available memory. I tried replacing zimage with the file found at *below* for better AMD support, but it wouldn't connect to the internet. find.synology.com couldn't find it either and my router wasn't leasing an ip to it.

Error  

Failed to power on the virtual machine Windows 10 due to insufficient memory on the host. 

Possible solutions: 
1. Choose another host. 
2. Decrease the memory size on the virtual machine. 
3. Decrease the number of running virtual machines on the host. 

Hide  

Memory - Resource Monitor  

getpubthumb?code=XZRdYF7ZJyI0mu4uThk6x8r

Hide  

Not sure why you replaced the zimage. Nowhere in the tutorials I made it is mentioned that the zimage needs replacing. That zimage you took predates (by over a year) the current loader you are using.

As for the VMM issue you are experiencing I'll let others chime in as I am not an expert with that package.

My advice to you is to start reading the forum FAQs and also search the forum instead of attempting things blindly.

• Like 1

On 12/20/2017 at 12:00 AM, Jeff Savage said:

Greeting. I am having trouble getting VMM (Virtual Machine Manager) to work. If it matters, I'm using an AMD Phenom II 965 on a Biostar TA970 mobo with 24 GB of RAM.

Using Jun Loader 1.02b and DSM 6.1.4-15217 Update 3. Jun Loader is unmodified, except the Grub.cfg, where "disable_mtrr_trim" was added to make full use of available memory. I tried replacing zimage with the file found at *below* for better AMD support, but it wouldn't connect to the internet. find.synology.com couldn't find it either and my router wasn't leasing an ip to it.

Error

Failed to power on the virtual machine Windows 10 due to insufficient memory on the host. 

Possible solutions: 
1. Choose another host. 
2. Decrease the memory size on the virtual machine. 
3. Decrease the number of running virtual machines on the host. 

Hide

Memory - Resource Monitor

getpubthumb?code=XZRdYF7ZJyI0mu4uThk6x8r

Hide