XPEnology Community

Hung at booting kernel with a Zotax 890GX

randomguy210

Question

I have a Phenom II x720 triple core with Zotax 890GX itx motherboard. It uses realtek nic.

It also hangs on booting the kernel. I can confirm this because my keyboards numlock stops working as soon as it prints "booting the kernel" I have a ps2 and usb keyboard so both exhibit same issue.

I have tried two different loaders 916+ and 3615,  1.02b loader. I have tried the extra.lzma on both loaders. I tried two different usb sticks and made sure vid and pid are correct. as well as mac address and S/N generator.

i have unplugged the wifi module and my pcie sata card.

I also checked my router and find.synology.com and it will not come up on the network at all.

I have built two of these xpenology machines. One is a ESXI host running on Opteron 6380s, The other is a AMD AM1 platform using the 3615 loader.

I even tried some old zimage file and still freezes on "booting the kernel"

I have checked the bios setting and tried several options but no impact.

After searching the forum for my issue this is the closest thread i could find. IF anyone has any ideas for me to try please let me know.

Otherwise i guess it looks like this hardware just won't work?

Thank you.

2 answers to this question

My amd 910e phenom system hung as well. My atheros nic drivers were included, but it wasn't discoverable.

So I figured the nic drivers were not working. I followed the guide compile xpenology drivers in win 10, Google it.

Recompiled the nic drivers and replaced the drivers on the bootloader and now it works.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk