XPEnology Community

Issues with DSM 6.1.3 and TerraMaster F2-220

Henrique

Question

Hello Guys,

I have just bought a TerraMaster F2-220 NAS and installed Xpenology v6.1.3 and most features work, but a few are still lacking and I would like to know if they can be solved.

1) A quick press on the power button doesn't turn off the NAS unit (soft shutdown), only if I hold it for a few seconds (hard shutdown).

2) The LAN LED is not lit up and the HDs LEDs are lit red all the time even if the HDs are not plugged in.

3) The hard-drive doesn't seem to hibernate (even though the function is enabled).
4) Case fan doesn't seem to fully shutdown nor speed up in case necessary.

Do you guys know if there are ways to solve the issues above? Is there a loader based on the Synology DS218+ (hardware very similar to my TerraMaster F2-220)?

Thank you.

2 answers to this question

2 hours ago, Henrique said:

Hello guys, thank you for the great tutorial.

I have just bought a TerraMaster F2-220 NAS and installed Xpenology v6.1.3 and most features work, but a few are still lacking and I would like to know if they can be solved.

1) A quick press on the power button doesn't turn off the NAS unit (soft shutdown), only if I hold it for a few seconds (hard shutdown).

2) The LAN LED is not lit up and the HDs LEDs are lit red all the time even if the HDs are not plugged in.

3) The hard-drive doesn't seem to hibernate (even though the function is enabled).

Do you guys know if there are ways to solve the issues above? Is there a loader based on the Synology DS218+ (hardware very similar to my TerraMaster F2-220)?

Thank you.

There are no alternative loaders to the 361x and 916

I recall a forum member reporting similar quirks when XPE/DSM was installed on a a Thecus NAS. I think it turned out that the features were related to hardware/syno software being linked so they didn't work on non-syno kit. Having said that, there are other people using the F2-220 so have a look through their posts for any support.  Also, I think there are some people have created fan control and shutdown add-on packages so have a search for them. disk spin down normally works so have a look at any services or features that might be keeping them alive

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Henrique said:

install that package, it does need a additional kernel module and some scripts (the synology power button is not acpi)

i guess some additional vendor specific micro controller board managing this?

there is a good article about hat on the synology faq, can be plugins (like vmm, ...) or other activities

synology has its own custom stuff, fan control does not work ootb, usualy it work like in bios predefined

no, just the three version, every additional version would need to be individually maintained (like specific hack and drivers)

jun did provide the three and thats it for now (some people seem to try to get into the 918+?)

• Like 2