XPEnology Community

How to get Wake On LAN working?

(I hope it´s ok if i join the party here)

a few days ago i successfully ported DSM 7.1 42661 DS3622xs to my old rig (specs at the end) and everything just runs fine - except for one thing: WOL

In DSM i cant tick WOL, to be correct: i can tick it, but as soon i click on apply it just unticks itself. (behind WOL it states "Out-of-Band")

There are, so my findings, two things that may impact on this, 1. the misconfig of my DSM/Linux 2. the fact that the mobo has no real "WOL-On" switch in Bios/Uefi.

As far as point 1 is changeable, i don´t really know how point two is.

Under Windows conditions you can toggle the WOL in Windows settings, as the Bios only has a switch for ErP which means, if i turn it on WOL will be impossible because of deep shutdown state. If i turn ErP off the OS can toggle the hibernation and WOL will be activ automaticaly.

Or to say it in another way: The OS has to toggle hibernation and WOL should work.

Is there any possible way to get this OS WOL toggle into the DSM / Linux Base, or is this script in this thread excatly that?

Specs:

i7 3770K

Gigabyte GA-Z7X-UD3H

16GB DDR4 Ram

256GB mSata SSD

A big THANKS for any help!

Edited by M4ster_3

• 3 months later...
On 10/7/2022 at 10:40 PM, M4ster_3 said:

(I hope it´s ok if i join the party here)

a few days ago i successfully ported DSM 7.1 42661 DS3622xs to my old rig (specs at the end) and everything just runs fine - except for one thing: WOL

In DSM i cant tick WOL, to be correct: i can tick it, but as soon i click on apply it just unticks itself. (behind WOL it states "Out-of-Band")

There are, so my findings, two things that may impact on this, 1. the misconfig of my DSM/Linux 2. the fact that the mobo has no real "WOL-On" switch in Bios/Uefi.

As far as point 1 is changeable, i don´t really know how point two is.

Under Windows conditions you can toggle the WOL in Windows settings, as the Bios only has a switch for ErP which means, if i turn it on WOL will be impossible because of deep shutdown state. If i turn ErP off the OS can toggle the hibernation and WOL will be activ automaticaly.

Or to say it in another way: The OS has to toggle hibernation and WOL should work.

Is there any possible way to get this OS WOL toggle into the DSM / Linux Base, or is this script in this thread excatly that?

Specs:

i7 3770K

Gigabyte GA-Z7X-UD3H

16GB DDR4 Ram

256GB mSata SSD

A big THANKS for any help!

I was experiencing the same thing and searching for a solution got me to this thread. At least for me WOL (I had to turn Erp off in BIOS) worked despite it being unchecked in Control Panel>General>Power Recovery. Anyway, I was interested in the auto poweroff feature - which I couldn't toggle because WOL was unchecked under Power Recovery. It would get unchecked as soon as I clicked "Apply".

I had to enable SSH, log in and edit the file /etc/synoinfo.conf as root. Change the line 'eth0_wol_options="d" 'to 'eth0_wol_options="g" '. I now have the WOL option checked :)

Screenshot from 2023-01-29 14-22-39.png

• 2 months later...
On 1/29/2023 at 12:35 PM, Keli said:

I had to enable SSH, log in and edit the file /etc/synoinfo.conf as root. Change the line 'eth0_wol_options="d" 'to 'eth0_wol_options="g" '. I now have the WOL option checked :)

Thank you, I really helped to get the WOL box checked 👍

ssh in Synology

sudo -i

vi /etc/synoinfo.conf

i for insert,

ESC to leave the edit mode

:wq!  to write and quit

Edited by sten12341