XPEnology Community

Dell R210 II with Jun's 1.02b loader not working.

green_mon

Hi, Any one try Dell R210 II to install xpenology before? today I just bare metal install with generated SN/MAC , i can boot up the 8G usb drive, but cannot see the network IP using synology assistant.

I try BIOS and UEFI, the screen show Booting the kernel. (I success install xpenology in HP-G8, 40L, and the another DIY PC)

xpe.png

Is it picking up an IP address visible on your router/dhcp server?  When you say "generated sn/mac" are you not using your hardware mac?

If it is picking up an IP address, can you navigate directly to it?

I've seen it where going to find.synology.com works when the assistant doesn't (and vice versa)

On 11/28/2017 at 7:34 PM, green_mon said:

Hi, Any one try Dell R210 II to install xpenology before? today I just bare metal install with generated SN/MAC , i can boot up the 8G usb drive, but cannot see the network IP using synology assistant.

I try BIOS and UEFI, the screen show Booting the kernel. (I success install xpenology in HP-G8, 40L, and the another DIY PC)

xpe.png

Check your hardware spec and the embedded nics to make sure they are supported, and maybe use the enhanced extra.lzma by @IG-88. Others are having issues with the perc hdd controller , but network is ok. Also have a look at the system status through the onboard console, and make sure you have not connected that network port and nothing else :)

Got mine up and running.  I now have (2) R210's, (1) R610, and (1) R420 all up and running with XPenology.  All of them have their internal SATA/SAS ports disabled and have an E-SAS LSI Controller installed.  From there, they tie into a 60 Bay 45Drives Enclosure - Each one ties into one row of 15 drives (13 drives + 2SSDs).  All up and running without anything special required.  Just needed the 4.1 Extra file.  All good to go.  Thanks group!!

• 3 years later...
On 12/3/2017 at 3:47 PM, tomtcs said:

Got mine up and running.  I now have (2) R210's, (1) R610, and (1) R420 all up and running with XPenology.  All of them have their internal SATA/SAS ports disabled and have an E-SAS LSI Controller installed.  From there, they tie into a 60 Bay 45Drives Enclosure - Each one ties into one row of 15 drives (13 drives + 2SSDs).  All up and running without anything special required.  Just needed the 4.1 Extra file.  All good to go.  Thanks group!!

Sorry to bump an old thread but your post caught my attention.  I got hold of R210 ii, but no raid card installed.  I interested in the E-SASA LSI controller and the  Bay enclosure you're using.  Where can I find this? 😎

2 hours ago, vicrod74 said:

Sorry to bump an old thread but your post caught my attention.  I got hold of R210 ii, but no raid card installed.  I interested in the E-SASA LSI controller and the  Bay enclosure you're using.  Where can I find this

i doubt the part about 45 drives working flawlessly with xpenology

you might want to read this before wasting to much time

https://xpenology.com/forum/topic/8057-physical-drive-limits-of-an-emulated-synology-machine/page/4/

6 minutes ago, flyride said:

Looks like multiple XPe units of 15 drives each connecting into a single enclosure of 60 drives, but no overlap between the arrays in that enclosure.

ahh right its possible to have more then one initiator in sas, so it would be possible to connect more then one server to the enclosure (and if the enclosure is split into 15 drive rows with separate sas connection each its even easier)