SandLake

Sceduled Task Log File

Question

Hi

I have 2 Xpenology servers, one is a back up of the other. The backup server is on a power schedule for an hour each night and during that time I have a scheduled job running on the main server which is a simple (incremental) rsync of the entire folder structure to the backup - as it is incremental it only takes minutes.

I get no notification of this job runnning, being successful or otherwise.

Is there a log file created? can I create one? Can I put messages into my scheduled job (How)?

Thanks

6 answers to this question

If you used the Task Scheduler provided by DSM and are using a user-defined script then simply edit the task. A new windows will open with 3 tabs. Select the 3rd tab 'Task Setting'. There you can add an email for notification purposes.

Screen Shot 2017-11-28 at 3.06.02 PM.jpg

Thanks

I actually knew that option was there but I was too focused on log file messages.

I appreciate your help.

On 11/28/2017 at 3:33 PM, SandLake said:

Thanks

I actually knew that option was there but I was too focused on log file messages.

I appreciate your help.

You won't find a log if it's a user-defined script.

The email notification is working very well, it is more than a notification, it lists all of the files 'sync'd' by the rsync command - perfect for my needs

Thank you

The question(s) in this topic have been answered and/or the topic author has resolved their issue. This topic is now closed. If you have other questions, please open a new topic.