Driver extension jun 1.02b/DSM6.1.x for 3615xs / 3617xs / 916+


Recommended Posts

Hi,

 

First, thank you for your work, i run xpenology since 3 years and it's works fine.

 

I have a question for marvell sata driver, i would extend my storage with the addin of pci express cardb, below the information :

Model AC4424

Main chips Marvell 88SE9125

 

I run on 6.1.4 with the loader of jun 1.02b.

 

When i look in the extra.lzma, i don't see this version of marvell card.

 

Is it possible to add the driver ?

 

Thanks 

for your help

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, yannvep said:

Marvell 88SE9125

that one is ahci, so the kernels build in ahci driver is used, no extra driver file, its already in the precompiled kernel from synology

you should be able to use it just by plugging it in (as long as its below the max. drive values, 12 for 3615/17)

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, wanderjarra said:

I am using version 1.02b 3617Xs and need to include the RTL8125b driver is this possible? Everything runs fine, it would only increase the speed of the network to move files. I made a second unit with 1.04 and the extra works well.

 

i added a note to the 1st post that these packages are not maintained anymore, beside this there are problems with these drivers in its latest version with kernel source 3.10.105 (3615/3617 DSM 6.2) so beside the existing driver from last year in 3615/3617 there will be only newer version in 918+ (so even with 6.2.3 and latest extra.lzma there would be no recent driver for 3617, just a older one supporting "most" r8125 cards)

 

if the existing driver in 918+ works for your card then it will work with the 3615/17 version too as it uses the same driver version (from last year)

you can update to 6.2.3 by using a new usb flash drive change grub.cfg to the usb's vid/pid and then boot the system with it (instead of the 1.02b usb)

just by booting the loader nothing will happen to the installation (dsm system) on the disks

if you find it in network with synology assistant and it tells you you 6.1 can be migrated to 6.2 its working properly as network and disk drivers are detecting the hardware needed to work properly (there is nor real difference in disk driver support with 6.1 and 6.2, maybe some refinement in mvsas driver in 6.2 to detect more vendors)

 

the thing with loader 1.03b is that it needs csm/legacy mode in uefi bios and it needs to boot from the legacy usb device that might only appear after booting once with csm active, so activate csm, save bios settings, boot again, go into bios and check the bootable devices, it its name starts with uefi its the wrong one, its usually simply the name of the usb device without uefi in its name (on one of my systems i see three usb boot devices two with uefi and one without in its name for the usb flash drive)

so continue here for reading about 6.2.3 (all the procedures for preparing the usb are the same as with 6.1)

https://xpenology.com/forum/topic/28321-driver-extension-jun-103b104b-for-dsm623-for-918-3615xs-3617xs/

 

Edited by IG-88
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello guys,

i have some Problems with my Realtek RTL8111E (i3 3220T). I'm trying to put Jun's loader v1.02b DS916+ on it (because of HW Transcoding, for 918+ is my cpu too old), tried already extra.lzma for ds916+ v4.8 from this topic. Can someone help me pls?

All details can be found in my post:

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

23 hours ago, KlAlMlIlKlAlZlE said:

(i3 3220T). I'm trying to put Jun's loader v1.02b DS916+ on it (because of HW Transcoding, for 918+ is my cpu too old), tried already extra.lzma for ds916+ v4.8 from this topic.

according to jun the 916+ 1.02b has the same 4th gen intel cpu limit as the 918+

https://xpenology.com/forum/topic/6253-dsm-61x-loader/?do=findComment&comment=67297

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

hello guys,
currently I use Dell Poweredge T430 and already installed DSM 5.2.
I want to update to DSM 6.1 / 6.2 and the error "No Hard Disk Found on 3615xs". After I checked, it turned out that the "Dell Perc H300" driver was not listed on the storage driver list.

thank you.

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, donialdi said:

Dell Poweredge T430

cpu is haswell or better so even 918+ would be possible

 

28 minutes ago, donialdi said:

I want to update to DSM 6.1 / 6.2 and the error "No Hard Disk Found on 3615xs". After I checked, it turned out that the "Dell Perc H300" driver was not listed on the storage driver list.

H300? - not found

H310/H330 maybe? or H7xx (the H7xx models are mentioned in dell's specs for the T430)

the important thing would be the lsi sas chip its based on

 

not sure what list you checked but its usually about the original lsi models or the chips used, there is a good amount of oem types from ever server vendor so its really combersome to have a complete list

 

if you have 5.2 running you can list the devices with driver and pci id

"lspci -k"

 

in general its suggested and supported to have the controller in IT mode (HBA mode) where you have just plain single disks and not raid capability's as dsm makes its own software raid

in general i'd say use 3617, it comes with newer drivers from synology then 3615

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, IG-88 said:

cpu is haswell or better so even 918+ would be possible

 

H300? - not found

H310/H330 maybe? or H7xx (the H7xx models are mentioned in dell's specs for the T430)

the important thing would be the lsi sas chip its based on

 

not sure what list you checked but its usually about the original lsi models or the chips used, there is a good amount of oem types from ever server vendor so its really combersome to have a complete list

 

if you have 5.2 running you can list the devices with driver and pci id

"lspci -k"

 

in general its suggested and supported to have the controller in IT mode (HBA mode) where you have just plain single disks and not raid capability's as dsm makes its own software raid

in general i'd say use 3617, it comes with newer drivers from synology then 3615

Sorry,

Raid Controller in Slot 3 : PERC H330 Adapter(bus dev 00)

currently i am using the DS3615xs DSM 5.2,

list driver storage from link : 

  NETWORK DRIVERS LIST (Reveal hidden contents)

  STORAGE DRIVERS LIST (Reveal hidden contents)

  Change log (Reveal hidden contents)

 

File.txt

Edited by donialdi
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, donialdi said:

Raid Controller in Slot 3 : PERC H330 Adapter(bus dev 00)

 

04:00.0 RAID bus controller: LSI Logic / Symbios Logic MegaRAID SAS-3
3008 [Fury] (rev 02)
        Subsystem: Dell PERC H330 Adapter
        Kernel driver in use: megaraid_sas
        Kernel modules: megaraid_sas

 

1000:005F MegaRAID SAS-3 3008 [Fury]

 

that driver is for raid mode so it still has the IR firmware and you use a hardware raid

raid mode is only supported by additional drivers and not that good

with that not to old cpu you would be able to use 1.04b 918+ and the megaraid driver from the newer 4.4 kernel would support the 1000:005F

but there are some problems with lsi sas on that one related to disk hibernation

https://xpenology.com/forum/topic/28321-driver-extension-jun-103b104b-for-dsm623-for-918-3615xs-3617xs/

 

i'd suggest flashing IT firmware to it and use 3617, the lsi sas driver in there are from synology and are native to that 3617 unit, they should work best

https://forums.servethehome.com/index.php?threads/flash-crossflash-dell-h330-raid-card-to-hba330-12gbps-hba-it-firmware.25498/

you would need to offload all data and install new that way

you took the wrong start by using a raid mode controller, dsm in its core is completely about single disks and software raid

with 6.x and its way of using synologys kernel we are much more restricted and with just me making drivers and being unable to change code of kernel drivers its hard to have newer lsi drivers (synology isn't offering source code for the drivers they use in 3617, with code they tempered with we might be able to do a megaraid_sas driver that works properly but for as it is we don't have that)

when using a hacked appliance as we do here its much easier to bend in the way the system is implying or choose another OS

so its more like IT firmware or using (maybe) Open Media Vault

 

Edited by IG-88
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, IG-88 said:

 

04:00.0 RAID bus controller: LSI Logic / Symbios Logic MegaRAID SAS-3
3008 [Fury] (rev 02)
        Subsystem: Dell PERC H330 Adapter
        Kernel driver in use: megaraid_sas
        Kernel modules: megaraid_sas

 

1000:005F MegaRAID SAS-3 3008 [Fury]

 

that driver is for raid mode so it still has the IR firmware and you use a hardware raid

raid mode is only supported by additional drivers and not that good

with that not to old cpu you would be able to use 1.04b 918+ and the megaraid driver from the newer 4.4 kernel would support the 1000:005F

but there are some problems with lsi sas on that one related to disk hibernation

https://xpenology.com/forum/topic/28321-driver-extension-jun-103b104b-for-dsm623-for-918-3615xs-3617xs/

 

i'd suggest flashing IT firmware to it and use 3617, the lsi sas driver in there are from synology and are native to that 3617 unit, they should work best

https://forums.servethehome.com/index.php?threads/flash-crossflash-dell-h330-raid-card-to-hba330-12gbps-hba-it-firmware.25498/

you would need to offload all data and install new that way

you took the wrong start by using a raid mode controller, dsm in its core is completely about single disks and software raid

with 6.x and its way of using synologys kernel we are much more restricted and with just me making drivers and being unable to change code of kernel drivers its hard to have newer lsi drivers (synology isn't offering source code for the drivers they use in 3617, with code they tempered with we might be able to do a megaraid_sas driver that works properly but for as it is we don't have that)

web using a hacked appliance as we do here its much easier to bend in the way the system is implying or choose another OS

so its more like IT firmware or using (maybe) Open Media Vault

 

Thank you for your input.
I will try to learn the link above.

 

thank you

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.