XPEnology Community

Driver extension jun 1.02b/DSM6.1.x for 3615xs / 3617xs / 916+

IG-88

9 hours ago, sbv3000 said:

I'm not sure this will work for you exactly, but have you looked at Audio Station and setting up multiple devices for multi room setup? Might be easier than compiling etc

Yea I looked at that, but cost was a huge factor. A device that could do DLNA or airplay or chromecast etc would be minimum ~$50, where as I got the Asus Xonar for like $30 haha.

1 hour ago, IG-88 said:

it does not have to be on windows 10, you also can use a chroot enviroment on the nas or in a vm

even if you get the driver to work, you also have to create the alsa stuff (does not look like as there is enough in dsm like alsactl or alsamixer, aplay, ...) and you will have to compile and install shairpoint-sync, also configuring and using that without a gui(?) or is there a plugin doing this multiroom over alsa?

Yea that's what I was thinking - surely all the ALSA stuff can be installed using debian chroot? I was thinking about installing shairport-sync in a docker environment (it doesn't have a GUI, it's a CL interface).

@moda

From reading about the technology you want to use, it seems that a lot of people have had some good success using a Rasberry Pi (with audio output) and using shairsync to connect directly to the Synology using the itunes sharing service (AudioStation i believe it's called)

While this could incur a new cost, that being the cost of a RasPi - I personally feel that this would be a better solution that trying to compile drivers, bug fix all of that path etc etc with little to no support.

Just my two cents :)

24 minutes ago, AlienX said:

@moda

From reading about the technology you want to use, it seems that a lot of people have had some good success using a Rasberry Pi (with audio output) and using shairsync to connect directly to the Synology using the itunes sharing service (AudioStation i believe it's called)

While this could incur a new cost, that being the cost of a RasPi - I personally feel that this would be a better solution that trying to compile drivers, bug fix all of that path etc etc with little to no support.

Just my two cents :)

Same thinking here which is why I suggested audio station. the remote end needs some sort of client/amp and not sure how an audio card solves that (unless cables are being run to various remote amps :( )

1 minute ago, sbv3000 said:

Same thinking here which is why I suggested audio station. the remote end needs some sort of client/amp and not sure how an audio card solves that (unless cables are being run to various remote amps :( )

Ah i totally missed your comment, sorry hah.

Not really sure ref how to get different streams out, however i know that Optical (SPDIF isnt it?) can support up to 5 or 6 different channels down the same wire, perhaps something can be done with that on a Rasberry Pi - and interesting project indeed.

that sounds more like a r&d project and a appliance nas like dsm/xpenology is not the best choice

if it not clear how that will be done in detail i would do it on a normal linux with all the freedom it offers

after finding out whats needed and how to configure it, it has to be compiled for the destination platform and then the decision to create spk packages (more universal) or just *.dep and install manually

and then using cable and analog for distribution over 4 rooms no, that's so last century

but we are getting off topic here, driver might be the easiest part maybe and thats it

back to business

hpsa does not work for p400 at all so i cant test and cciss (4.6.28-22) driver did not compile, loads of errors  and i cant see whats wrong

so the alternative for up to p420 is also a no go (even the cciss driver from the kernel did not recognised a raid0 array disk on the controller)

Edited by IG-88

nvme support ?

lspci -k | grep 'Kernel driver'
        Kernel driver in use: pcieport
        Kernel driver in use: ehci-pci
        Kernel driver in use: ehci-pci
        Kernel driver in use: lpc_ich
        Kernel driver in use: ahci
        Kernel driver in use: hpilo
        Kernel driver in use: uhci_hcd
        Kernel driver in use: tg3
        Kernel driver in use: tg3
        Kernel driver in use: xhci_hcd
        Kernel driver in use: nvme
fdisk -l
Disk /dev/nvme0n1: 238.5 GiB, 256060514304 bytes, 500118192 sectors
Units: sectors of 1 * 512 = 512 bytes
Sector size (logical/physical): 512 bytes / 512 bytes
I/O size (minimum/optimal): 512 bytes / 512 bytes

in syno ds3615xs 6.1.4-15217.3 not disk nvme !

256 ГБ SSD M.2 накопитель Intel 600p [SSDPEKKW256G7]

Edited by 4sag

Hi Friends,

I have a promise fasttrak TX4310, unformtunately it does not wokr I have created JBOD and raid0 but disks are not visible in the webif. Any indeas if the driver is there? It worked with 5.x release where i used the controller to add 4 disks on top of the 5 connections i have on the mainboard.

Cheers,

Hemant

4 hours ago, hemant said:

promise fasttrak TX4310,

thats a "PDC40719" and from store list in the first post:

STORAGE DRIVERS LIST
[sata_promise: PDC2037x, PDC2057x, PDC40518, PDC20619
-> does not load: Unknown symbol syno_libata_index_get (err 0)]

i extended the list to name more products not just chips

but still as mentioned in the former thread (extra.lzma only for 3615) all sata_* and pata_* drivers are broken by synology modifications in the kernel source, i added those drivers to the list last lately and marked them accordingly (red) to indicate they don't work

as long as no one with coding skills fixes this and send me a patch/diff i cant do anything about it

only way atm are the older dsm 6.0 loaders and dsm 6.0

2 hours ago, hemant said:

What about the Adaptec 5805 raid

thats aacraid, in theory that one should work with the extra.lzma

is it supported as i'm unable to see any devices attached to this controller.

the driver provided by adaptec for downlöoad is from 2012 but i can compile it and make a test version with this driver and you can test if its working

https://storage.microsemi.com/de-de/speed/raid/aac/linux/aacraid-linux-src-1_1_7-29100_tgz.php

edit: as it is a raid controller, did you create a raid set? often single disks dont show up (no hba mode)

Edited by IG-88

Hi IG-88,

Correct i noticed the driver:

Kernel driver in use: aacraid

I created Jbod but nothing visible, does Jbod not work and should i be creating raid0 for each disk?

I have attached SSD on the raid controller and wanted to use it for cache!

Cheers,

Hemant

@IG-88

I'm currently running DSM 6.1.4-15217 Update 1 on DS3615xs. Will cache still be available if SSD attached to the Adaptec. 

I can try as there is no data on it. the data sits on the onboard controller which has 5 disks attached and want to expand #disks and add SSD cache by adding an  addtional controller i have two lying around the Promise (which does not work for obvious reasons and the Adaptec.

Funny thing though, when i put the adaptec on a different PC configured as JBOD,  I can see the disks and SSD and configure both, clould it also be due to bios limitations from the DC7900 i'm running compared to the Asus dual Xeon board which works fine?

Hemant.

the aacraid driver for download from microsemi does not compile (errors) and is older then the driver in the 3.10.102 kernel 1.1.7 vs. 1.2.0

so if there are problems with the driver as it is provided with the kernel i'd suggest to check the log first

9 hours ago, hemant said:

Funny thing though, when i put the adaptec on a different PC configured as JBOD,  I can see the disks and SSD and configure both, clould it also be due to bios limitations from the DC7900 i'm running compared to the Asus dual Xeon board which works fine?

the other system also runs dsm 6.1? if yes then the aacraid driver does work at least

On 12/21/2017 at 10:52 AM, hemant said:

Yes other PC is running exact same DSM 6.1 version as the DC7900 so driver should work, only problem is that Jbod works on the other systems while not on the DC7900.

then it something specific between the controller an the dc7900, maybe changing things in bios (reset to facory default might be a way?) can improve something?

On 12/21/2017 at 4:11 AM, bruno.sdo said:

I tried with Loader v1.02b with extra.lzma for ds916+ v4.4, but unsuccessfully.

My LAN Drive is a Broadcom 440x 10/100 Integrated Controller (laptop Dell vostro 1700)

if you read the first post, network driver section its clear stated that the driver from the kernel dos not work (red entry)
from older thread:

Broadcom 440x/47xx ethernet support            b44.ko
-> does not load:
b44: Unknown symbol ssb_device_is_enabled (err 0)
b44: Unknown symbol ssb_pcicore_dev_irqvecs_enable (err 0)
b44: Unknown symbol ssb_bus_may_powerdown (err 0)
b44: Unknown symbol ssb_pcihost_register (err 0)
b44: Unknown symbol ssb_device_disable (err 0)
b44: Unknown symbol ssb_device_enable (err 0)
b44: Unknown symbol ssb_driver_unregister (err 0)
b44: Unknown symbol __ssb_driver_register (err 0)
b44: Unknown symbol ssb_bus_powerup (err 0)
b44: Unknown symbol ssb_clockspeed (err 0)
b44: Unknown symbol ssb_dma_translation (err 0)

and to be honest to get a 100Mbit card working has very limited value as ~10 MByte/s  is not really "NAS worthy"

if you can provide a driver that will compile with kernel 3.10.102 i'd give it another try

Edited by IG-88
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, epicurean said:

sorry, very noobie question.

How exactly do I incorporate these new drivers with the bootloader? Baremetal 1.02B loader

1 - Unzip the downloaded archive. You will have an 'extra.lzma' file.

2 - Rename the extra.lzma file within the loader to extra.lzma.bk

3 - Now copy the file you unzipped inside the loader where the original 'extra.lzma' (now extra.lzma.bk) is.

That's all.

• Like 1

On 12/25/2017 at 7:52 AM, mar1boro said:

IG-88, I used the v4.4 extra.lzma but no network detection during installation on Hyper-V. Could you please do something with it?

Could you please read the OP? The very first line provides you with the answer:

On 11/27/2017 at 6:39 AM, IG-88 said:

There is no explicit AMD support OR hyper-v

• Like 1