XPEnology Community

Storage Manager blank.

Johnboat75

Hey guys,

I'm very new to Xpenology and Synology. I have a NAS made of an old PC. I did the initial setup, setup a raid, volumes, and some shared folders and everything was going well. Today however out of know where when I go to my DSM I see this in the image, no storage info or anything. I've rebooted, which can't be done within the DSM, I have to hit the reset button on my PC (not sure if this is normal) and it did not help.

Any ideas how to fix it? I still see my shares in the Files Station.

Screen Shot 2017-11-19 at 7.50.46 PM.png

10 hours ago, Johnboat75 said:

Hey guys,

I'm very new to Xpenology and Synology. I have a NAS made of an old PC. I did the initial setup, setup a raid, volumes, and some shared folders and everything was going well. Today however out of know where when I go to my DSM I see this in the image, no storage info or anything. I've rebooted, which can't be done within the DSM, I have to hit the reset button on my PC (not sure if this is normal) and it did not help.

Any ideas how to fix it? I still see my shares in the Files Station.

Screen Shot 2017-11-19 at 7.50.46 PM.png

Welcome to the forum

Can you post some more info about the PC hardware?

If your shares are working on then things are probably ok and this is a gui/display issue.

Are there any issues with the display of other main menu items?

Have you tried a different browser?

Check browser security settings are not blocking content

1 hour ago, Johnboat75 said:

Yeah, the motherboard is a BIOSTAR H61MGC LGA 1155 Intel H61, CPU is Intel Pentium G850 Sandy Bridge Dual-Core 2.9 GHz, 3 Seagate Barracuda SATA drives, 8gb of memory.

Nothing unusual with the mobo, strange that you are missing gui features like shutdown/reboot (its in a menu if you click on the 'user' icon - the 'head/shoulders' icon top right.

Try my suggestions for testing other gui pages and browsers

1 minute ago, sbv3000 said:

Nothing unusual with the mobo, strange that you are missing gui features like shutdown/reboot (its in a menu if you click on the 'user' icon - the 'head/shoulders' icon top right.

Try my suggestions for testing other gui pages and browsers

It's not missing, it's there, but when choose reboot or shotdown, it shows a progress bar but my PC never actually reboots or shuts down.

I've tried it from multiple browsers and computers and I get the same result on all.

I went back and closely followed this post https://xpenology.com/forum/topic/7973-tutorial-installmigrate-dsm-52-to-61x-juns-loader/. Before I winged it and didn't edit the grub.cfg file and add my specific values.

Now after doing so my machine shuts down and reboots properly. I'm erasing the drives and creating new RAID Groups/Volumes. So far it appears to be better.

Edited by Johnboat75

• 1 year later...

I have just had this same issue, it turned out to be a corrupt file (/lib/libsynostoragemgmt.so) when comparing md5 with the file from the .pat it was different (correct md5 from DSM_DS3617xs_15284.pat is a26d48dbcd4fe7d41c8813499f3d3700)

I replaced this and immediately the information re-appeared