XPEnology Community

First Time With XPEnology

RepulsiveStyler

Greetings,

Its my first time with XPEnology and a project I took up after very long time now. I have decided to turn my old computer into a NAS for general purpose. Below are my specifications:

Motherboard: Gigabyte N650SLI - DS4

Processor: Intel Dual Core

Ethernet: nForce

Until now I have setup JUNs 3615 loader 1.02b baremetal DSM6.1, PC boots up but I am unable to find the NAS on find.synology.com or Synology Assistant. I even tried looking up on my network map of my router to see if the NAS was assigned any ip but nope that didn't happen. So I am guessing my NIC is not supported. I know I am suppose to use the custom ramdisk but its currently unavailable. 

If someone could kindly provide me a link or guide me through. :)

Update:

I found the custom ramdisk in the forum and was able push it into the synoboot.img and burn it on the USB. 
I now have ethernet support as I can see the 3615 disk station but as soon as I click connect it shows no disks connected. 
As I understand I don't have sata support now. I guess I will have to now compile those drivers. Any help is much appreciated.

Thank you!

56 minutes ago, RepulsiveStyler said:

Update:

I found the custom ramdisk in the forum and was able push it into the synoboot.img and burn it on the USB. 
I now have ethernet support as I can see the 3615 disk station but as soon as I click connect it shows no disks connected. 
As I understand I don't have sata support now. I guess I will have to now compile those drivers. Any help is much appreciated.

Thank you!

I think you are correct that the nvidia sata drivers/modules are not included, but you could check your bios to make sure the controllers are set to AHCI mode. Also disable the IDE.

If you want a 'fast' solution to using this mobo without messing with compiling drivers, it may be easier to but a cheap 4 port sata card (the Syba ones work well - Marvell chipset) https://www.amazon.co.uk/Syba-SATA-Controller-Profile-Brackets/dp/B00AZ9T3OU

1 hour ago, sbv3000 said:

I think you are correct that the nvidia sata drivers/modules are not included, but you could check your bios to make sure the controllers are set to AHCI mode. Also disable the IDE.

If you want a 'fast' solution to using this mobo without messing with compiling drivers, it may be easier to but a cheap 4 port sata card (the Syba ones work well - Marvell chipset) https://www.amazon.co.uk/Syba-SATA-Controller-Profile-Brackets/dp/B00AZ9T3OU

Firstly thank you for your reply. 

Unfortunatly N650SLI doesnt support AHCI Mode. I have requested IG for his custom ramdisk with sata_nv.ko so I could test with my system. I hope it works. If not then I think its best I go with your suggestion of buying a marvell pci sata controller. 

I will update here if something works. 

Thank you once again! 

Edited by RepulsiveStyler