XPEnology Community

How can I change xpenology model to RS18016xs+?

riverflow

Question

I succeeded in installing xpenology on R510 today.

I don't need the RS18016xs + function at all, I just want to change the model name on the control panel.

I changed the unique model name in synoinfo.conf to RS18016xs+, but migrate screen appeared when boot. (DS3615xs boot loader)

Then I think I need to modify the boot loader kernel, but I can't make it out absolutely.

I found it through forum search, but it seems that the competitor has made the RS18016xs + boot loader, but it does not seem to work because of the old version boot loader.

is there any other way?

sorry for my poor english.

5 answers to this question

4 hours ago, riverflow said:

I succeeded in installing xpenology on R510 today.

I don't need the RS18016xs + function at all, I just want to change the model name on the control panel.

I changed the unique model name in synoinfo.conf to RS18016xs+, but migrate screen appeared when boot. (DS3615xs boot loader)

Then I think I need to modify the boot loader kernel, but I can't make it out absolutely.

I found it through forum search, but it seems that the competitor has made the RS18016xs + boot loader, but it does not seem to work because of the old version boot loader.

is there any other way?

sorry for my poor english.

Why do you need to change the model name? This is only relevant when connected to the web interface - or dnla name. you can change the windows/samba name to RS18016 for network browsing/users if you want to

30 minutes ago, sbv3000 said:

Why do you need to change the model name? This is only relevant when connected to the web interface - or dnla name. you can change the windows/samba name to RS18016 for network browsing/users if you want to

I just want to change model name for my cute rack server. :)  not samba or web interface/dlna name. no reason.

now I'm searching about boot loader make/mod manual. :7_sweat_smile:

5 hours ago, Polanskiman said:

I believe you wont be able to because if I'm not mistaken it is hardcoded same as the CPU specs/speed. The only way would be for you to modify the source code and then recompile the kernel. This would only be a temporary fix as you would need to do this at every major upgrade of DSM.

Thanks for the clear answer. I’m sorry I can’t help core developer, I hope that the next bootloader version will be able to change the model to RS18016xs+.