XPEnology Community

DSM 6.1.4 - 15217

SergeS

I did the update using Jun 1.02B Loader on a HP 7300 Elite I5-2400 with 8Gb, using onboard controller, and everything worked fine.

Surprisingly, I what I had under eSATA is USB and what I has as USB is now eSATA.  :o

Thanks god it was just my USB drive, really strange.

Cheers.

Alex.

There's your problem. AMD support has always been experimental given how no current Synology devices run AMD hardware.

Updates up to 6.1.3 update 8 had been smooth. Its only with this update (6.1.4) that I encountered the problem similar to what I got before using Jun's loader. Overall my AMD build gets the job done and its only with these updates that I have to be careful before jumping in. The repair process was painless. In less than 10 minutes the system was up and running again with all my data intact.

I have no patience and updated one of my main systems, so far so good. Two updates to packages took place after first boot, Universal Search & File Station

ASrock J3455M 4Gb
IO Crest 4 Port SATA III PCI-e 2.0 x1 Controller Card Marvell Non-Raid SI-PEX40064
4x3TB HDD
1x4TB HDD
SHR Raid

DS-3167xs

A casual observation and no way scientific.

Looking at Resource Monitor on two systems.

System 1

ASrock J3455M 4Gb
IO Crest 4 Port SATA III PCI-e 2.0 x1 Controller Card Marvell Non-Raid SI-PEX40064
4x3TB HDD
1x4TB HDD
SHR Raid

DS-3617xs 6.1.40-15217

System 2

ASrock AD2550R/U3S3 - 4GB

3x4TB

2x5TB

SHR Raid

DS-3615xs 6.1.3-15152 update 8

System 1 - CPU at idle and no activity - DSM Internal Service running at 8-11% use 

System 2 - CPU at idle but with DL manager files available for upload - DSM Internal Service running at LT 1% use

• Sad 1

So, from what I can tell, two AMD users, 1 worked fine, the other had issues. Shall wait and see other reports from AMD users. SO you AMD users, please report if you did it and reading this. Threads like these are very valuable to us.

Edited by viper359