XPEnology Community

New install DSM 6.1 on N54L? cannot find in LAN

webmagic

Hello,

I would like to install DSM 6.1 on my HP Microserver N54L, but no luck. I cannot find it with find.synology.com

Any idea? Which loader is required and are there any changes required in config files?

Any help is welcome

Edited by webmagic

• 2 weeks later...

I've got a HP microserver Gen 8 and have a strange issue. I've written Jun's loader to a microsd card and prior to installing the pat file I can see both of the nic's get an IP on the network and it is visible on find.synology.com. After the pat file is installed, the server reboots and I lose connectivity. Though I can see in the ILO console it does complete the reboot without any errors.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Edited by j911

5 hours ago, j911 said:

I've got a HP microserver Gen 8 and have a strange issue. I've written Jun's loader to a microsd card and prior to installing the pat file I can see both of the nic's get an IP on the network and it is visible on find.synology.com. After the pat file is installed, the server reboots and I lose connectivity. Though I can see in the ILO console it does complete the reboot without any errors.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Fresh install (wiped drives) or is there an existing DSM setup on the drives?

1 hour ago, j911 said:

Existing DSM setup on the drives as they initially show as migratable

try a 'cold boot' and see if the NAS appears ok (I've had situations where a restart does not load nic drivers properly)

Also, have you changed the extra.lzma to the enhanced file that contains updated modules/drivers? The DSM .pat could be overwriting 'working' drivers and the enhanced extra.lzma fixes that

Got it sorted, I had to use the synology assistant app which did find the static ip I had assigned almost a year ago and had bonded both nics, doh!

Now, I just need to get carbonite working with DSM since crashplan no longer support home users :( 

p.s. Anyone looking to use a micro sdcard instead of a usb to boot synoboot can set the vid as 0424 and pid as 4030 on a HP microserver gen 8 to hide it from dsm.

image.png.fc31cd8b3a162f6b997630af1fbc427a.png

• Polanskiman locked and unlocked this topic
  • 1 month later...

I will try this on a HP Microserver N54L Gen7.

I had DSM 5.2 with nanoboot and tweaked BIOS ROM.

I will try to disable C1E in bios.

hopefully it will boot, because it didn't boot at all.

but i hadn't a USB keyboard to change the C1E in bios.

Let you guys know this afternoon.

10 hours ago, ExoRRSmits said:

I will try this on a HP Microserver N54L Gen7.

I had DSM 5.2 with nanoboot and tweaked BIOS ROM.

I will try to disable C1E in bios.

hopefully it will boot, because it didn't boot at all.

but i hadn't a USB keyboard to change the C1E in bios.

Let you guys know this afternoon.

And it works like a charm!

2 days busy with it.. it seemed that my dhcp server was crashing due DNSMasq errors..

Oooops...

Well i updated it trough DSM to update 5. Latest software.. and works like it should.