XPEnology Community

Strange problem after Win10 (1709) update

ZaFord

Question

Hi Guys,

I've got a strange problem that's just occurred. My main PC updated to Windows 10 1709 a couple of nights ago.

Since then I can access both my NAS's OK, but I can't access files. ???

e.g. I can double click the shortcut to my NAS, then double click to enter the 'ISO' and 'Windows' folders, but if I double click the 'Windows 7 ISO' to mount it. I get any error saying I don't have permission to access the file.

Or if I try and play a video 'Flim & TV' errors saying it can't access the item and WMP just fails to load it

Its pretty clear this is a Windows 10 issue, as all these files are working fine on my other devices with the same account, but does anyone have any idea what's going on.

And save me doing a clean install on my main PC.

Thanks

9 answers to this question

Hi Polanskiman,

Yeah I was hoping there may have been a quick fix via DSM. as my Home Server was still fine. But NO...  :(

Yet again a perfectly good W10 install got screwed by a forced update. Over the next week I notice a lot of little issues, like not being able to check properties/file size of two or more files at the same time, Or file copies not showing transfer speeds while copying. Nothing major, but enough to drive my OCD nuts..  

Thanks replying though.   ;)

not shure it that helps but you can try the following things

ssh session, console, edit file as superuser (sudo)

/usr/syno/etc/smb.conf
strict allocate = yes

in dsm gui:

control panel / file services / smb / button "advanced tettings"
max. smb protocol to "smb3"
minimum smb protocol "smb2 and large mtu"

after changes reboot the dsm system

Hi Polanskiman,

Yeah I was hoping there may have been a quick fix via DSM. as my Home Server was still fine. But NO...  :(

Yet again a perfectly good W10 install got screwed by a forced update. Over the next week I notice a lot of little issues, like not being able to check properties/file size of two or more files at the same time, Or file copies not showing transfer speeds while copying. Nothing major, but enough to drive my OCD nuts..  

Thanks replying though.   ;)

Did you solve your problem?

After the 1709 update I cannot create or read the USB bootdisk loader, downgrading to 1703 works fine again. I use Win32imager and used to edit config files on desktop, after creating the USB stick. Still investigating what's going on, but any suggestions are welcome. 

@Polanskiman

Sorry for the late reply,   

PC Mobo blew had to RMA, then Xmas and set everything up again...  :?

Replacement PC with a fresh W10 Pro install has had no problems, so yes its solved. But I've no idea what the actual problem was.  

@IG-88@b0fh

Thanks for the info guys. 

I had minimum smb protocol set to smb2 for a while but had to switch back to smb1 as some of my older media devices (e.g. Original Xbox running XBMC) couldn't access files.