XPEnology Community

HP Proliant DL380G6

doxuni

Hi,

I trying to install xpenology on my HP Proliant DL380G6 machine (txs to the nice instructions of Polanskiman). After booting from USB and saying "Booting the kernel" I tried to find the synology, but without success. I'm suspecting the NIC drivers, but I'm not sure. (ramdisk off line?)

Anybody who can help me out?

The network cards are:

4x QLogic BCM5709C Gigabit Ethernet

Txs a lot.

Hi IG-88,

Thank you very much, it works :-) Now the synology is found on the LAN. Still I have to figure out why it says 'No hard disk found'. There are 8 72GB drives on the SAS P410i raid controller. They are working under windows on the machine, so connections and raid bios is okay.

If I find another extra.lzma file with support for SAS P410i, how can I combine your file with another lzma file?

Any further hints?

Txs,

no need to try to combine, we already tryed to compile a driver (hpsa.ko) for dsm 6.1 and gave up (its documented in the tread i mentioned above)

search the forum for p410 controller, you will find people that replaced the controller with something else

if you want to stay by the controller at any cost, you option is to use esxi and run dsm in a vm, vmdk in vmfs or rdm (if you fluent in vmware:-))

if this is an option for you read this

if you want to know how to handle extra.lzma or build drivers and put them into it you can read this

or this

https://xpenology.club/compile-drivers-xpenology-with-windows-10-and-build-in-bash/