XPEnology Community

Synology DS3612xs - DSM 4.2 build 3202

Why when I try 4.2 only stay in the kernel booting screen , and it doesnt happen with 4.1?

4.1 work great but 4.2 stay in that screen

thanks

The kernel does not contain drivers for some of your motherboard parts (most probably south- or northbridge controller is missing). Either use 4.1 or compile a 4.2 kernel with your specs enabled.

Hi everybody

Thanks for all the time spend on the development.

Like "schponk" I use a Marvell® 88E8056 network controller on a shuttle k45 motherboard

May someone can help me to compile kernel to add the correct driver for this card ?

Shuttle K45 seems to be the perfect mini pc for XPEnology

Thanks

Seems to work on my Asus C60M1-I if anyone is interested.

16 gigs ram. 5x3tb wd red drives. Getting 90MB/sec xfer rates.

FYI. I could only see 3 drives with the previous build.

Love the interface.

*something odd, I added a 6th drive and the 16gigs of memory went to 3gigs under info. 16 still reporting in bios.

What is a good mother board mini itx work with 4.2?

my d2700dc work perfect

can you tell me the full name of the model d2700dc,

is it atom d2700?

support 64 bit ?

Intel Atom Dual-Core D2700 2.13GHz Intel NM10. does not supporg 64-bit virtualization. DSM 4.2 work well with soft reset and shutdown. without WoL on integrated NIC.

Does anyone have a vmware 5.1 ( esxi) version of 4.2 build 3202 or 3111 which allows for packages to download.

I am mounting and trying to get 4.2 loaded but it keeps saying could not find hard drive yet in 4.1 same .VMDK is found fine.

Would appreciate your assistance, please private message me if you have a link for latest build for VMWARE ESXI 5.1

Thank you and GOD bless you.

My system boots perfectly and everything appears to be fully functioning yet i'm getting a message in my System Health stating "Attention DSM cannot start up normally because it ran into a problem. Please contact the Synology support team for help". Does anybody know what i need to do to clear this message?

Seems to work on my Asus C60M1-I if anyone is interested.

16 gigs ram. 5x3tb wd red drives. Getting 90MB/sec xfer rates.

FYI. I could only see 3 drives with the previous build.

Love the interface.

*something odd, I added a 6th drive and the 16gigs of memory went to 3gigs under info. 16 still reporting in bios.

Hi xrecar, how are you finding the overall performance of this board? I'm thinking about getting one, I've maxed out the 4 ports on my Asus AT3IONT-I Atom, and this XPEn build doesn't seem to support additional SATA controllers.

Seems to be working well. I have sabnzbd, sickbeard, couch potato and media server loaded and running. All in the small fractal design case. The bios setup I think I finally figured out- you have to go into advanced and delete the other bootup options other than your USB stick. It reboots and shuts down without probs. Wish it saw my APC via USB though. Tried the newer release and it corrupted the volume by identifying one of the six drives as esata. Had to reload 10tb. No USB 3.0 is a bit rough. Asus c60m1-i. Only sees 3 of 16 gigs of ram is other complaint. Newer build saw 16.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi,

Few mounts ago I installed this build on a computer, it work like a charm.

the LAN mac address was LAN1 00:11:32:08:D6:2A and LAN2 00:11:32:08:D6:2B

few days ago I got computer and decided to install this same build as it work so good.

I used the same files from last time and created the usb disk for booting.

I boot and its go all the way until the point I need to connect to the "SA"

in this point I noticed in some thing weird, the mac address in this boot are the same as in the previous computer.

I opened the "SA" and did search and I see only two interfaces, I was sure that its the old computer, but when I clicked on the interface it open the web browser and tell me that this disk is not ready (its the new computer).

How come that its the same mac address, I know that the MAC address on the new computer is different from the number that it shoe me.

Second, I'm sure that the MAC address on the old computer is not the one its show me via the "SA"

How ca i install second computer with xpenologyon the same network and see the different MAC addresses?

Thanks