XPEnology Community

Synology DS3612xs - DSM 4.2 build 3202

hi everyone,

for those function on B75M-D3H:

1. idle HDD spin down

A. because I'm cloning the file to system, I'll update this function is work or not ASAP,

2. Wake up from network

A. when I try to save the setting of wake on lan, it will show a error message:

"wake on lan setting fail" (meaning like this, I'm using other Language for DSM)

3. Schedules Power On / Off

A. work perfectly

Support e1000 and r8168 NIC controller and USB ports x 12

Download URL: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B-XUWYZ ... FRRSX/edit

Note: If Assistant message still not show ready (ex: Starting...) when first time installation or 600secs expired, reboot DSM and search it again.

Hi, i just try the old version 4.1 this weekend and it's very useful, I would like try this version but the link is dead ...

is there a way to run 2 VM synology 4.2 in the same network?

As I the mac address must be 00113208D62A/B

yes, but you have to change one mac-addr of one of them according to documentation on this forum, if you want do some HA triyng mayne you have to change serial number of one of them

Hi there,

This is my first post here, greeting to everyone.

I found some problem when loading the DSM4.1 on my Atom ITX broad and I'd like to see if anyone could help:

1. The link above seems not working (DSM4.2)

2. For my case, I am using DSM4.1, the USB is not working. I am using Intel DN-2800MT. Luckily the SATA, Network are working fine

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ ... 800mt.html

3. Is it possible to add a USB3 card on the PCI-e slot? What USB3 chip is confirmed support?

-PLX8111 + NEC D720101?

-VIA VL800?

-Etrontech ej188H?

Thanks in advance!

This update will this upgrade 4.1 and keep all my data or is this a clean install?

Update the USB Boot Key to DSM 4.2 (.img) then use Assistant to provide the new .pat to box, the update manager will let you select update/migrate or clean install.

Hi how update USB Boot Key to DSM 4.2 ? Do you have any files ? or manual

Pzdr

Mariusz

This update will this upgrade 4.1 and keep all my data or is this a clean install?

Update the USB Boot Key to DSM 4.2 (.img) then use Assistant to provide the new .pat to box, the update manager will let you select update/migrate or clean install.

Pzdr

Mariusz

make it anew

Pzdr

Mariusz

Maybe you have are ready image Boot Key 4.2 please share it

Pzdr

Mariusz

Thank you very much for this awesome build. I have a handful of HP EX495 Media Server devices that I've been running with WHS 2011. They've been great but lacked a few of the packages that Synology has.

This build works nearly 100% with the EX495.

Processor is E8500 Dual Core

Ram is 2GB

NIC is Realtek GB Ethernet

Chipset is ICH9

Things that does not work are WOL, the correct bay lights.

I can saturate GB Ethernet when transferring, I'm getting 90MB/Sec when transferring over LAN to 4 400GB (for testing purposes, will upgrade to larger drives soon). Thank you again for this awesome package.