XPEnology Community

Synology DS3612xs - DSM 4.2 build 3202

Support e1000 and r8168 NIC controller and USB ports x 12

Download URL #1: EOL

Download URL #2: http://yadi.sk/d/4XcO57wR41pnj

Download URL #3: http://yadi.sk/d/nrxEPCBX41txa

Note: If Assistant message still not show ready (ex: Starting...) when first time installation or 600secs expired, reboot DSM and search it again.

Support NIC:

Intel Gigabits series for PCI and PCI-E (intel e1000 and e1000e driver base)

Realtek gigabits PCI-E series (r1868 driver base)

Support embedded controller on MB: AHCI SATA controller after Intel ICH7.

No plan to support other controller, especially need to recompiler the kernel. My release just for evaluation purpose, not project.

Please turn to XPEnology build if uable to install this release on your box.

8532610603_4674af522e_b.jpg

Edited by Guest

I have to ask :mrgreen:

What about "Onboard NC107i PCI Express Gigabit 10/100/1000" ??

02:00.0 Ethernet controller: Broadcom Corporation NetXtreme BCM5723 Gigabit Ethernet PCIe (rev 10)

No, I don't have this NIC for test.

Only support e1000, r8168 for extra NIC controller now.

Base on previous experience, the first major release from Synology were not reliabled, so I won't spend too many time on this DSM build.

Edited by Guest

any news about upgrading from 4.1 to 4.2 ? i was trying it directly over the setup menu from the dsm with manully file selct but after a while i got error 21 message

Update your DSM boot device and "Migrate" it. The web update scenario in DSM are not supported for fake BOX.

Hi,

Is it possible to include the SSD caching from the RS3413xs+ firmware in this one?

I'd like to enable that feature on a DS3612xs NAS but I'm lost on how to do it :cry:

Thanks!

No plan to do it, I am considering the DS3612xs almost same as RS3413xs+ from repack view.

Let DS2413 have SSD caching function maybe more interesting.

Edited by Guest

Hi

Could you please tell me how to convert the IMG to VMDK please?

Deano

This release will not work on VMWare since IDE/SCSI drivers are missing.

It works on VirtualBox with data drives configured as SATA.

This command will convert the boot image to compatible format:

VboxManage convertfromraw DS3612xs_3202-Repack.img DS3612xs_3202-Repack.vmdk --format vmdk

or

VboxManage convertfromraw DS3612xs_3202-Repack.img DS3612xs_3202-Repack.vdi 

This update will this upgrade 4.1 and keep all my data or is this a clean install?

Update the USB Boot Key to DSM 4.2 (.img) then use Assistant to provide the new .pat to box, the update manager will let you select update/migrate or clean install.

Thanks! is it possible to use drivers from 4.1 pack, to use with "dsm 4.2 build 3202" and VMware some how? My DSM do not show op in VMware

This update will this upgrade 4.1 and keep all my data or is this a clean install?

Update the USB Boot Key to DSM 4.2 (.img) then use Assistant to provide the new .pat to box, the update manager will let you select update/migrate or clean install.

Thanks! is it possible to use drivers from 4.1 pack, to use with "dsm 4.2 build 3202" and VMware some how? My DSM do not show op in VMware

No plan to support VMware in my released, only support Virtual BOX.

No plan to support VMware in my released, only support Virtual BOX.

bummer... althoug "DS3612xs - DSM 4.1 build 2668" runs great in VMware... latest update would have been nice, Thanks anyway!

bummer... althoug "DS3612xs - DSM 4.1 build 2668" runs great in VMware... latest update would have been nice, Thanks anyway!

Maybe you are talking the XPEnology version, that wan't my build. :smile:

Thanks a lot. It works very well. My MB is Asus 60m1-I. I would like to know about UPS. The external drive is connected properly to the USB, but UPS (APC Back-UPS CS 650) is not visible. Server without the UPS is not good. All the rest - not so important.

Thanks a lot. It works very well. My MB is Asus 60m1-I. I would like to know about UPS. The external drive is connected properly to the USB, but UPS (APC Back-UPS CS 650) is not visible. Server without the UPS is not good. All the rest - not so important.

Yes, I saw some error inside this release that relate to USB printer and other USB device (maybe UPS) , but I don't have them to test the function, so decided to skip it. :grin: