Polanskiman

Introduce yourself here

I have a Synology DS418. Nice machine but underpowered for use with Plex Media Server - great on audio, processor maxes out on video transcoding.

Here because I bought an Odroid H2 to use as a standalone PMS server sucking data off the DS418, but the found xpenology so I'm seeing if I can make the H2 into a DS918+. Just for fun really, whether it stays like that will depend on whether I can make PMS use the hardware transcoding on the CPU when it's running DSM. If I get it running DSM.

• Like 1

Well that was fun, glad I found this place. No luck with the DS918+, turned out not possible to install 6.2.2 due to H2's NIC, but thanks to this forum I have got DS3617xs DSM 6.1.7 working really well :)Pretty sure I could now get DS918+ DSM6.1.7 running, maybe play another day.

The DSM on the Odroid H2 is much snappier than my actual Syno DS418. Pretty sure I could now get DS918+ DSM6.1.7 running, maybe play another day.

Now RSyncing some Plex Media Server libraries to new NAS, will see how that turns out in comparison.

On 9/5/2019 at 5:22 AM, doveoscar said:

but thanks to this forum I have got DS3617xs DSM 6.1.7 working really well :)

I highly suggest you use DS3615xs instead. DS3617xs is known to have issues.

I'll try that, although the only issue I have at the moment is that I can't make hardware transcoding work on Plex Media Server (I have downloaded the 64 bit version recommended on the plex forums).

Thanks.

Thanks, Odroid H2 is good using modified 1.02b loader and DS3615xs DSM 6.1.7.

DSM6.1.7 seems to be the last that runs on the H2, I have had no success at all with 1.03b (modified in the same way) and DSM6.2.