XPEnology Community

Introduce yourself here

Polanskiman

Hola a todos Soy TI en España, hace ya tiempo que uso DSM Synology de echo tengo uno en casa del que estoy muy contento, he descubierto esta posibilidad y dado que tengo Hardware para reciclar quisiera aprender en este foro y esperimentar todo su potencial y rendimiento, saludos a todos.

• 3 weeks later...

Just upgraded from a Tera station pro to a DS1821+ and love it. Would like to make an old SR2500 server into a DSM NAS so I can have an offsite back up. Lots of reading and tinkering but so far no luck. Red pill hangs after the build of the loader and Jun's loader loads up but after the initial set up steps doesn't come back up from the reboot.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone!

My name's Rob, and I found this site from YouTube videos about building a Synology NAS from a desktop PC.

I'm so thankful for all of you smart and generous technical folks who selflessly offer your time and expertise to help others like me enjoy awesome stuff!

Hello All

My name is casperse and I am trying to get my 3617 DSM6 to DSM 7

I have redpill running with a 3622xs+ but I really want my old 3617 upgraded

Hoping to get the last bits from a friendly fellow "Xpenologyst"

• 2 weeks later...

Howdy, neighbors!  My name is Andy.  I recently discovered that my Backblaze backup was excluding the `/home` folder structure which, ironically, is one that I really need to backup.  So I decided to pursue a longtime todo item to setup my own NAS server and handle my own backups.  I have a pretty decent spare computer so I started with a YT video and here I am.  Pretty amazing what these loaders are doing!

HI, Im REDTRONGUY.

im looking at setting up a old computer I built to act as my main as and plan to use my ds1513+ as an offsite back up. deffenatly new to this scene but it kind of reminds me of the Hackintosh scene.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone! I am glad to be part of this community. I was not aware until recently that you could take advantage of an old pc to turn it into a Synology NAS, I have an old VAIO VCPEL-10 laptop with 8 GB of RAM and an AMD E-350 motherboard with a two core processor. Since I am new with this procedure I would like to know your opinions and have some pointers on what are more suitable downloads I should made to transform my laptop.

Thank you all again for your passion an dedication to this forum. 

• 4 weeks later...