XPEnology Community

Still random shutdown on DSM 6.1

pixartao

I would really happy if someone could help me because I'm pulling my hear off!!

I own a custom server with asrock q1900-itx and it worked smoother for years, since I upgraded from 5.x to 6.x I had random shutdown of the XPE services.

Server stay on but there is no service available on synology and it does not even ping response.

Actually I have 3 different HDs mount as single volumes, the ups and the psu are new.

I would also try to have a fresh install again or pass to esxi solution so I can reboot when freeze.

can someone suggest me a solution or a better way to find some evidence of the problem?

Inviato dal mio iPad utilizzando Tapatalk

Can you telnet or ssh to the system when its frozen?

What are your mac address settings in grub? eg a 'fake' syno mac or the real mac address of your nic or 'blank'

You could connect a serial port to look at status when it freezes and if the system is 'up' but lost the network, try another network adapter, eg Intel

Have you replaced the 'extra.lzma' file with one of the alternatives that have been compiled? Some of these have different Realtek drivers may perform better. 

It could be a good idea to create a clean install of XPE6/DSM6 on a spare HDD and test that for a few days, there may be some 'bugs' from your upgrade from 5.2>6

Can you telnet or ssh to the system when its frozen?
What are your mac address settings in grub? eg a 'fake' syno mac or the real mac address of your nic or 'blank'
You could connect a serial port to look at status when it freezes and if the system is 'up' but lost the network, try another network adapter, eg Intel
Have you replaced the 'extra.lzma' file with one of the alternatives that have been compiled? Some of these have different Realtek drivers may perform better. 

It could be a good idea to create a clean install of XPE6/DSM6 on a spare HDD and test that for a few days, there may be some 'bugs' from your upgrade from 5.2>6
No, nothing works, telnet, ssh, http, ping, nothing.

I tried to unplug the Ethernet cable and plug it again but nothing.

I have serial console access. I have fake sn/mac address in grub.

Maybe the better way is to try a fresh install. I would do in virtual environment to guaranty the access and don't need to physically reboot. I'm not always there and I use XPE for security cam

Inviato dal mio SM-G950F utilizzando Tapatalk

Change the MAC address to be the 'real' one for your network card

Also, check the DHCP settings on your router and set it to a long renewal and also give the NAS an IP reservation from the router (not static on the NAS). See if these changes make a difference as it sounds like there is a networking issue somewhere.

Also, check the DHCP settings on your router and set it to a long renewal and also give the NAS an IP reservation from the router (not static on the NAS). See if these changes make a difference as it sounds like there is a networking issue somewhere.

Thanks for your help, I will try your suggestions and I will monitor the situation for a coupe of days.

Thanks in advice :)

Inviato dal mio iPad utilizzando Tapatalk

I would do a fresh install and see if that clears it up.  I'm running a q1900-itx and have no problems with the drivers on the 'stock' XPE iso.  

If that doesn't work, try to rule out a hardware problem.   

Check your RAM with memtest, and/or try a different power supply (maybe you got a bad one).

I would do a fresh install and see if that clears it up.  I'm running a q1900-itx and have no problems with the drivers on the 'stock' XPE iso.  

If that doesn't work, try to rule out a hardware problem.   
Check your RAM with memtest, and/or try a different power supply (maybe you got a bad one).

Thanks toastboy, I will try a freesh install during this weekend

Inviato dal mio SM-G950F utilizzando Tapatalk

On 17/10/2017 at 6:48 PM, sbv3000 said:

Thanks a lot man, your solutions is working very well, I changed the mac with the real one and it's not freezing since 3 days!! :D