XPEnology Community

Old user here, I would like to update to 6.x

Last time I updated was to DSM_DS3615xs_5644 with all the updates up to synology_bromolow_3615xs upd5.

The reason I want to upgrade is to go from 1 drive replication to 2 drive replication. Otherwise, I would leave it alone.

The MB is a

ECS NM70-I2 (V1.0) Intel Celeron 1037U 1.80GHz Intel NM70

I have an extra SATA Controller (IO Crest 4 Port SATA III PCI-e 2.0 x1 Controller Card Marvell Non-Raid with Low Profile Bracket SI-PEX40064) plugged in and I saw that a user said it worked out of the box for them.

My question is, which tutorial and set of files/loaders, etc is current and applicable to my current set up?

Thanks

You can create an SHR2 array in DSM5.2 if you did not want to upgrade, you would need to backup your data, delete the current SHR1 and create a new SHR2 volume.

In place conversion from SHR1>SHR2 is possible in DSM6.1 - your reason to upgrade - You should be able to migrate/update directly to 6.1 following carefully the tutorial from @Polanskiman

I would recommend that you try a test install using a spare HDD to test your hardware compatibility first, make sure your USB vid/pid are correct and you can install DSM. Disconnect your current raid drives of course!  Also pay close attention to the onboard SATA settings in your bios (ide or ahci), if they are currently ide then your existing volume will probably crash if you try and migrate.

You should always backup your data before any upgrade anyway!

• Thanks 1