XPEnology Community

DSM 6.1.3-15152 Update 6

Neo_Reloaded

New update available.

As @maartenl stated in the update 5 thread updated a VM via control panel and it is working. Anyone else?

Version: 6.1.3-15152-6

(2017-10-03)

Important Note

1. The update is expected to be available for all regions within the next few days, although the time of release in each region may vary slightly.
  2. This update will restart your Synology NAS.

Fixed Issues

1. Fixed multiple security vulnerabilities regarding DNSmasq (CVE-2017-13704, CVE-2017-14491, CVE-2017-14495, CVE-2017-14496).
  2. Fixed multiple security vulnerabilities regarding DHCPv6 Server (CVE-2017-14492, CVE-2017-14493, CVE-2017-14494).

As reported in the update 5 thread:

I updated a test VM running  DSM 6.1.3-15152 Update 5 with JUN 1.0.2b DS3617xs on ESX 6.5U1 to DSM 6.1.3-15152 Update 6 using control panel upgrade.

At this point i've done some basic tests including a few reboots and the system keeps running without issue.

I will keep it running for a few day's (to be sure there is no time-bomb issue) and report back if there is any trouble.

M

Updated DSM to Update 6 on baremetal DS3617,Using jun's 1.02b Loader and everything looks fine.. Did restarts and 2 Shutdowns.

BTW I never experienced that Timebomb you all say in various topics, but 1 time when i had ds3615XS with update 1.

Imo i think it must be a synology bug and not a timebomb...

/wave

5 hours ago, tabajdi said:

I have Hp gen 8 baremetal with Jun's 1.02b and uppdate to 6.1.3 15152 Update 6 works without any problem.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I am running 15152 Update 5 with Jun's loader 1.02a on HP Microserver Gen8(stock RAID controller) bare metal.

Thanks for the info, going to update now and report the results.

4 hours ago, sandisxxx said:

I am running 15152 Update 5 with Jun's loader 1.02a on HP Microserver Gen8(stock RAID controller) bare metal.

Thanks for the info, going to update now and report the results.

In my case, also everything was OK. Even Docker container still works just fine. 

15 hours ago, dgrigo said:

Updated DSM to Update 6 on baremetal DS3617,Using jun's 1.02b Loader and everything looks fine.. Did restarts and 2 Shutdowns.

BTW I never experienced that Timebomb you all say in various topics, but 1 time when i had ds3615XS with update 1.

Imo i think it must be a synology bug and not a timebomb...

/wave

I also never experienced any timebomb. What did the previous timebomb do exactly?

I updated to DSM 6.1.3-15152 Update 6 without any issues so far.

I have 2 x VM's, with 2 x arrays. One DSM 5.2 and the other DSM 6.1.3-15152 Update 6. DSM 5.2 is my main system, and it does backups to the DSM 6.1 VM.... once all the synocommunity addons I use are compatible with DSM 6.1, I'll likely move to making DSM 6.1 my main VM, with the secondary VM as the backup VM.

Guys, I know Update 6 looks promise now. My question here is what version of update you stayed on before you moved to update 6?

Say, mine currently has update 1. Can I move directly to update 6 or move to update 2 and then update 3 and then blah...blah... till update 6?

Thanks. 

23 minutes ago, Elpee said:

Guys, I know Update 6 looks promise now. My question here is what version of update you stayed on before you moved to update 6?

Say, mine currently has update 1. Can I move directly to update 6 or move to update 2 and then update 3 and then blah...blah... till update 6?

Thanks. 

You can go directly to update 6 as they're cumulative.

12 hours ago, cremenescu said:

I also never experienced any timebomb. What did the previous timebomb do exactly?

It was an out of the blue Page not found when starting dsm... someone posted a picture and i had exactly that.

If you need to see search for timebomb, but keep in mind imo is not a timebomb but a bug.

regards

Edited by dgrigo