XPEnology Community

Migration : bare metal to ESXi [questions]

our0

Hello,

I have a nice N54L running 6.0.2 bare metal and I'm wondering if I should migrate to ESXi hypervisor.

I know not much about ESXi, but would it be possible to make xpenology "see" an intel processor instead of an amd ? (would make 6.1.3 migration easier)

Is there anything special to know about the migration ? Is this even possible without wiping all data ? (have 4x4 To in AHCI RAID 5)

Regards

3 hours ago, our0 said:

Hello,

I have a nice N54L running 6.0.2 bare metal and I'm wondering if I should migrate to ESXi hypervisor.

I know not much about ESXi, but would it be possible to make xpenology "see" an intel processor instead of an amd ? (would make 6.1.3 migration easier)

Is there anything special to know about the migration ? Is this even possible without wiping all data ? (have 4x4 To in AHCI RAID 5)

Regards

Unless you want to try ESXi or have a need to run other virtual machines I'd stay baremetal with jun's 1.02b loader & upgrade to 6.1.3, just make sure you disable C1E in the bios.

I'd suggest having a read through this thread before upgrading.