XPEnology Community

Hyper Backup to backup mailplus server will fail when logged into synology account

viumden

It seems if mailplus is enabled in xpenology (DSM6.1.3 U5), and synology account is logged in, hyber backup will fail when trying to backup mailplus server data, log saying:

[Network][Full BAK] Failed to back up application [MailPlus Server]. Failed to connect to Synology Account. Please check your network connection and try again later.

When synology account is logged off, no such problem anymore. I assume it is related to mailplus license mechanism, because when you try to purchase a license for mailplus through the webui, it will fail as well, xpenology is lacking some sort of UUID to purchase the license, which means purchasing a license for presto file station or mailplus added account number is not possible for xpenology at all.

The thing is without synology account logged in, the video and photo station codec conversion will not work, if I want both codec conversion and daily hyper backup work automatically in a daily basis, it is not possible now. Any idea to fix or workaround it? 

5 hours ago, viumden said:

The thing is without synology account logged in, the video and photo station codec conversion will not work

Are you sure about that? I did some DSM6 testing some weeks ago, and not only I didn't login to the account, I also disabled synology related  addresses in hosts file and conversion still worked fine.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, abced said:

Are you sure about that? I did some DSM6 testing some weeks ago, and not only I didn't login to the account, I also disabled synology related  addresses in hosts file and conversion still worked fine.

It is reported by others as well in this thread:

First off there is no need to have a Synology account specially when you are using XPEnology. I will not repeat what I said, simply read a few of my last posts in the topic linked above.

Your problem seems to me related to the S/N not being valid. That could be one reason. I also suggest you drop that Synology account for good and if you have Quickconnect running then drop that too. We don't need bad publicity.

Another possible reason is that even having a valid S/N doesn't exempt you from error messages (supposedly related to S/N validity) if you upgraded from 5.2 or even 6.0.2. I had a similar issues with a valid S/N and an upgraded DSM from 6.0.2. I did a fresh reinstall of DSM and used the same S/N and MAC and the errors where gone. It seem DSM is keeping some sort of track from previous installs errors or if it detected some sort of invalid S/N used in the past.

On 27.9.2017 at 11:17 PM, abced said:

hy,

how did you do that? which domains need to be written to the hosts file?

have you got a howto?

i would also prefer that my xpenology box doesn't call home - except for package updates ;-)