XPEnology Community

Apollo Lake J3455 need 918+ image

crisirius

Question

Hello, everyone.

I bought an ASUS J3455M-E motherboard.

This has all the features like the new Synology 918+ or the processor architecture is the same.

Is it possible to create an ISO for the new models or has someone already created one?

Without the Apollo Lake support, the system only runs at half speed.

salutations

crisirius

9 answers to this question

Yes, 918 does use Linux 4.4. I'm trying to patch it using the same script as Jun is using. Not bothering about the extra driver. Anyway, it is still work in progress. 

But the main problem would be getting a valid serial number. SN is required for using the codec.

By the way, the new GPU driver for DS918+ supports KabyLake processor which may enable hardware transcoding for newer processor.

Edited by ravetam

3 hours ago, ravetam said:

Yes, 918 does use Linux 4.4. I'm trying to patch it using the same script as Jun is using. Not bothering about the extra driver. Anyway, it is still work in progress. 

But the main problem would be getting a valid serial number. SN is required for using the codec.

By the way, the new GPU driver for DS918+ supports KabyLake processor which may enable hardware transcoding for newer processor.

sounds great!

keep us informed 

On 10/5/2017 at 1:00 AM, ravetam said:

Valid serial numbers can be found here https://xpenogen.github.io/serial_generator/index.html