XPEnology Community

DSM 6.1 raid function is work or not ?

rice818

My situation is .... I have clean install DSM 6.1.3 in N54L, and migrating data from another server,

finally, 1 X 4TB HD full of data in N54L (DSM 6.1.3) after that hotplug 2 new 4TB rebuild the raid from BASIC to Raid 5....

however, this N54L server running almost 4 days, i still got this raid changing info screen.

PS: the data in this changing status cannot copy to other drive through share folder (win10 connect to this server)

Q1) Usually, how long should it take from basic to raid 5

Q2) xpenology DSM's raid function is work ? since i have no raid card in my N54L

Q3) If I remove the Disk 2, can i have all my data back ? maybe i backup my existing 4TB data in the basic mode HD, and fresh build a Raid 5 volume.

I very appreciate someone can give me a clue, thanks so much

raid.jpg

18 hours ago, IG-88 said:

also stange that there are only two disks (instead of three)  and the status is still raid1

can you open a console with ssh and check what

cat /proc/mdstat

gives you back (status of the mdadm software raid)

https://forum.synology.com/enu/viewtopic.php?t=49622

someone says that .... it take two steps 

basic to raid 1 then raid 1 to raid 5

from the descrition it looks like its still (stuck?) in raid1 creation (only 2 disks, no access to shares)

having a look with the cammand i posted does'nt hurt, its just showing the status

still unusual that just makeing a copy of the basic disk (basic->raid1) takes that long

do you still see disk acrivity?

1 hour ago, IG-88 said:

from the descrition it looks like its still (stuck?) in raid1 creation (only 2 disks, no access to shares)

having a look with the cammand i posted does'nt hurt, its just showing the status

still unusual that just makeing a copy of the basic disk (basic->raid1) takes that long

do you still see disk acrivity?

I give up .... since the system prompt out that the disk got I/O error and bad sector

finally, i hotplug the HD 2 & 3 (newly added) and end the changing process, Lucky me, i got my data back !