XPEnology Community

Using XPEnoboot_DS3615xs_5.2-5967.1.img as the bootloader, and tried .PAT file for the DS3615xs.

Hi, 

I'm assuming this is the continuance of your topic here:

I have some questions:

1 - What hardware is this running on?

2 - Exactely which version of bootloader/DSM was installed when the problems started?

3 - What filesystem was in use?

4 - With the bootloader you tried, (XPEnoboot_DS3615xs_5.2-5967.1.img) did you use this "DSM_DS3615xs_5967.pat" as the installation file?

5 - Where you presented with the option to "Migrate"?

As mention by Polanskiman, the 15152 indicates that the system is/was running DSM 6.1.3, 

so you might need to find another bootloader, and find the matching .pat file here

https://usdl.synology.com/download/DSM/release/6.1.3/15152/

Another option, might be to use Gparted to delete the DSM system partitons on all the HDD's,

then do a fresh install using the bootloader/DSM version of your choice.

• 4 weeks later...

This is some really good info. thank you. but I got so frustrated trying to do this balance my own workload and run a household full of kids I got impatient removed all the drives formatted them in a dock station and install 6.1.3. Then I mounted my DSM to his and copied my files over. which went super fast btw. did now I could do that. stumble on that option by accident. The only issue with his box now is that two of the Sata ports have been broken, wasn't me I swear. So i bought a Sata Card. now I understand that not all sata card work with the DSM but I'm not even getting to the boot of the Sata card. I've got into the BIOS and looked at the boot order. if i move the sata card to 1 then USB move to the bottom. I think someone mention the card do not need to be set in BIOS before they are used in DSM but that what I need to do to my box to get it visible. I feel so bad that I've had his server so long and he's bedridden because of the accident. Anyway, any input on how I can get this sat drive visible would be grateful. let me know what you need me to provide in order to help me.

And I do apologies for the double posted I di in the forum.

Cheers

LT

On 9/20/2017 at 2:32 AM, bearcat said:

Hi, 

I have some questions:

2 - Exactely which version of bootloader/DSM was installed when the problems started?

4 - With the bootloader you tried, (XPEnoboot_DS3615xs_5.2-5967.1.img) did you use this "DSM_DS3615xs_5967.pat" as the installation file?

As mention by Polanskiman, the 15152 indicates that the system is/was running DSM 6.1.3, 

so you might need to find another bootloader, and find the matching .pat file here

Another option, might be to use Gparted to delete the DSM system partitons on all the HDD's,

man this Gparted would have made my life so much easier. I was trying so many other partition apps to do exactly this. Thanks so much for the link. I need to try and be a lot more patient and wait for you guys to respond next time.

Hi, 

I have some questions:

man this Gparted would have made my life so much easier. I was trying so many other partition apps to do exactly this. Thanks so much for the link. I need to try and be a lot more patient and wait for you guys to respond next time.

I got the SATA Manger to finally display. I had the jump on the wrong port. Since it's the 1st and only HD connected I guess it needs to be on Port A. I configured as Concatenate in the Manager. All boots up fine but I don't see this drive in the Storage Manager

Hi, 

I have some questions:

How do I know which part of the partition to delete that's DSM system. I have two 2GB that say Other

usualy there are two partitons 1st 2GB dsm-syste, 2nd2.4GB swap, they are listed "other" because they are part of a raid1 set consisting of partions of all disks (identical on all disks) , if you assemble the the raid with mdadm then you would see that the first partione is linux und 2nd swap /dev/mdo and /dev/md1