XPEnology Community

Installing XPEnology on Dell Poweredge 1950 DSM 4.2

slon666

Hi everyone, I'm trying to install XPEnology DS3612xs DSM 4.2 build 3211++ (repack v1.2) on dell poweredge 1950 machine natively. But everytime when DSM restarts to finish installation it shows Configuration Lost message.

Any help? Any ideas or suggestions?

Yep, I remove flash drive from machine just after all devices are found (including USB) at the boot stage.

Then, after uploading pat file, and at the end i plug it back, just before reboot.

All seems to be ok, but there is always the same message on the webpage - Configuration Lost

Configuration Lost happens when you have a mismatching boot USB and PAT file installed. Or if the disks cannot be properly recognized. Can you please tell me more about your exact config, or retry installing Trantor's v1.2 release (completely new install meaning download the whole thing, flash the USB drive, and install the freshly extracted PAT. Just to make sure it is completely clean!)?

2 Quad-Core Intel Xeon 5300 sequence processors at up to 2.66GHz

8 GB 667 MHz RAM

2 Broadcom® NetXtreme II™ 5708 Gigabit2 Ethernet NIC with fail-over and load balancing; (turned off due to drivers missing)

2 Intel Gigabit NIC (no problem with drivers here)

PERC 5/i integrated SAS/SATA daughtercard controller with 2 Seagate ES 750 GB hard drives (config is 2 separate VD)

I've got 2 spare servers with this configuration, and I want use them with HA package, just to replace our old DS 211j, which is getting simply slow and sluggish (users number using it jumped up from 10 to 50). Installing XPEnology on Virtualbox, EXSI is not an option, beacuse there is weird high CPU usage, and LAN transfer speed rarelly reach 20 Mb/s :/

There is no mismatch with pat file (pat and img image is from the same zip package).

I've tried to install XPEnology this morning with the same result :sad:

Maybe there is a problem with this PERC controller?