XPEnology Community

Tutorial: Install/Migrate DSM 5.2 to 6.1.x (Jun's loader)

Polanskiman

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello all,
First of all a big THANK YOU for all the info shared :)
My situation: 1 N54L-G7 with Gnoboot Grub 0.97 + DS3612xs - DSM.5.0-4458 (2014) + 4HDx4To + Kodi.
I change my TV for a 4K. and paf Kodi which crashes all the time. So I decide to use PLEX.
But then it tells me that my DSM is not compatible. I get here and I read for a long time...
I try to find the sources to pass the updates 1 by 1 but they are not available anymore !?!
Then I make the Big Jump : I migrate from 5.0.4458 to 6.1.7 15284 DS3615x using DS3615xs 6.1 Jun's Mod V1.02b.
And there I get everything back ! (my accounts, my packages, access from W11 and VLC...
For PLEX I had to install the last version manually because the one proposed by DSM was not working.
BUT my loader doesn't load by itself (I have to manually press enter to load it)!
I don't have the 4s countdown like before to load by itself.
I guess it's just an error in grub.cfg of the loader?
(yet I followed point by point for VID/PID & @MAC (serial number I kept the old one do I really need to change it ?) and replaced the set timeout=' 4 ' as I had before.
Don't tell me it's because I migrated without reinstalling since 5.0 ?

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version) sorry for this english

Edited by Stephane17671