XPEnology Community

Drivers requests for DSM 6.1

Hello~

Then, already added 'Marvell Yukon 88E8039 PCI Express Fast Ethernet Controller', too?

If not added,

Could you please add drivers for :

-Marvell Yukon 88E8039 PCI Express Fast Ethernet Controller

-NEXT-220UL USB Ethernet Controller

Linux driver source :

https://www.marvell.com/support/downloads/driverSearchResults.do (Please search to Part Number '88E8039')

and attached file

thank you for your support ASAP :)

NEXT-220UL_210CA Win7_Vista_XP_2k_nac_linux driver.rar

also here for the Marvell Yukon 88E8039 -> READ, for that reason i made the driver list, its already listed there (-> above)

as for the NEXT-220UL, that seems just a brand, the chip inside is a (now) asix mcs7830, former MosChip 7830 and under that name its already part of the 3.10.x kernel so i only have to mark it to be compiled (the driver you linked is pretty old and seems to be for kernel 2.6)

that one (mcs7830.ko) will be part of the next extra.lzma (4.5, planed to uploaded in a few hours)

On 1/15/2018 at 5:12 AM, lousek said:

Sorry if wrongly double posted ("Driver extension jun 1.02b/DSM6.1.x for 3615xs / 3617xs / 916+" thread).

Please add the driver for RocketRaid 2720SGL HBA, Linux drivers can be found here: http://www.highpoint-tech.com/USA_new/series_rr272x_configuration.htm

Many thanks for your good work!

are you shure? my list contains only RocketRAID 3xxx/4xxx, the 271x/272x need a different driver (rr272x_1x.ko)

are you shure? my list contains only RocketRAID 3xxx/4xxx, the 271x/272x need a different driver (rr272x_1x.ko)

I can see & access my two disks connected to the RocketRAID 2720SGL, so I think the driver is included (or another driver is used instead).

try a

lspci -k | grep 'Kernel driver'

to see what drivers are used, maybe in non raid mode  the ahci driver does the job?

admin@nas01:/$ lspci -k | grep 'Kernel driver'
        Kernel driver in use: pcieport
        Kernel driver in use: xhci_hcd
        Kernel driver in use: ahci
        Kernel driver in use: mvsas
        Kernel driver in use: r8168

you shoud try carefull if this works reliable, the mvsas driver seems to be used but thats for marvell chips, maybe there ist a marvell chip under the hood?

edit: according to https://cateee.net/lkddb/web-lkddb/SCSI_MVSAS.html some of this rocket raid controllers use the same chip from marvell so i added HighPoint RocketRAID 2710/2720/2721/2722/2740/2744/2760 to the mvsas section under storage drivers

thanks for reporting back

Edited by IG-88

you shoud try carefull if this works reliable, the mvsas driver seems to be used but thats for marvell chips, maybe there ist a marvell chip under the hood?

edit: according to https://cateee.net/lkddb/web-lkddb/SCSI_MVSAS.html some of this rocket raid controllers use the same chip from marvell so i added HighPoint RocketRAID 2710/2720/2721/2722/2740/2744/2760 to the mvsas section under storage drivers

thanks for reporting back

Will keep an eye on it.
Maybe the original RocketRAID 2720SGL driver could still be added to a future release?
Thanks for your help!

On 10/01/2018 at 11:20 PM, IG-88 said:

no, to much problems, tried something like this with 2 people and got no proper feedback, took to much time and its kind of exotic, time is more useful invested in basic drivers like nic and storage (at least from my point of view)

Thanks IG-88 for the reply.

I have compiled the driver for my USB wifi dongle. It works: i can use iwlist to see neighbour networks.

My problem is i don't see the WLAN0 device in the DSM web interface. Do you know what to do so the device can be seen in the web DSM interface ?

5 hours ago, John RAZ said:

Do you know what to do so the device can be seen in the web DSM interface ?

no and thats one of the reasons i don't want to include wifi drivers in the extra.lzma, it seemed more then just load the driver like a normal nic or storage driver

imho a extra howto with a extra driver package and a description how to make it work with all needed mod's would be the way to go

but i doubt there will be that much need for this that someone will put that much time into this matter, its much easier to use a stick alredy supported or just use a router/ap (with a good antenna) for wifi

18 hours ago, lousek said:

Maybe the original RocketRAID 2720SGL driver could still be added to a future release?

only if you test the driver and give me feedback (/var/log/dmesg) , if you are willing to test i will make a test version and send you the link for the extra.lzma with the driver

9 hours ago, Crusher55 said:

Hello.

Is the network controller driver: Intel WG-I219V supported?

I cannot find it in the list of supported drivers.

it is there, can get a little confusing with "/" as separator for main type (i218 and 219) and sub type v and lm

"e1000e: Intel PCIe PRO/1000 82563/82566/82567/82571/82572/82573/82574/82577/82578/82583/Gigabit CT Desktop Adapter/PRO/1000 PT/PF/I217-LM/V/I218-V/LM/I219 LM/V"

so try it i'm pretty confident it will work

Edited by IG-88

2 hours ago, IG-88 said:

it is there, can get a little confusing with "/" as separator for main type (i218 and 219) and sub type v and lm

"e1000e: Intel PCIe PRO/1000 82563/82566/82567/82571/82572/82573/82574/82577/82578/82583/Gigabit CT Desktop Adapter/PRO/1000 PT/PF/I217-LM/V/I218-V/LM/I219 LM/V"

so try it i'm pretty confident it will work

Owh sorry my bad! Thanks a lot.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello.

Would you please add NIC driver for nvidia MCP79 ethernet which comes from late 2008 macbook A1278? Vender ID : 0x10de, and Product ID :0x0ab0

I would like to use it as native boot. I tried 5.2, 1.02a with added NIC version, and 1.02b, but no success for this card. I checked that my usb loader works fine at other windows machine.

thank you in advance.

Edited by Jwmoon76

that should be forcedeth.ko (alredy part of my extra.lzma)

as you gave specific informtion (vid and pid) i checked the driver source

linux-3.10.x/drivers/net/ethernet/nvidia/forcedeth.c

{       /* MCP79 Ethernet Controller */
                PCI_DEVICE(0x10DE, 0x0AB0),
                .driver_data = DEV_NEED_LINKTIMER|DEV_HAS_LARGEDESC|DEV_HAS_CHECKSUM|DEV_HAS_HIGH_DMA|DEV_HAS_MSI|DEV_HA
S_POWER_CNTRL|DEV_HAS_PAUSEFRAME_TX_V3|DEV_HAS_STATISTICS_V123|DEV_HAS_TEST_EXTENDED|DEV_HAS_CORRECT_MACADDR|DEV_HAS_COL
LISION_FIX|DEV_NEED_TX_LIMIT2|DEV_HAS_GEAR_MODE|DEV_NEED_PHY_INIT_FIX|DEV_NEED_MSI_FIX,
        },
                PCI_DEVICE(0x10DE, 0x0AB1),

as i expected its supported

did you use this one and the right version for the image (3615 or 3617)?

did you try to boot a live/rescue linux to check that the hardware side is ok?

did you use the synology assistant program to check in LAN after booting the loader?

edit: the storage of mcp79 should work too as it uses the ahci driver

Edited by IG-88

I have asus J1800I-C with Realtek® RTL8111G.

I already try extra.lzma v4.5 with jun 1.02b/DSM6.1.x for 3615xs but there is no nas in synology assistant.

I also try almast all boot loader and combination with extra.lzma but no success.Im i doing something wrong, i would be grateful for any suggestion.

On 2/3/2018 at 5:02 PM, IG-88 said:

that should be forcedeth.ko (alredy part of my extra.lzma)

as you gave specific informtion (vid and pid) i checked the driver source

linux-3.10.x/drivers/net/ethernet/nvidia/forcedeth.c

PCI_DEVICE(0x10DE, 0x0AB0),
                .driver_data = DEV_NEED_LINKTIMER|DEV_HAS_LARGEDESC|DEV_HAS_CHECKSUM|DEV_HAS_HIGH_DMA|DEV_HAS_MSI|DEV_HA
S_POWER_CNTRL|DEV_HAS_PAUSEFRAME_TX_V3|DEV_HAS_STATISTICS_V123|DEV_HAS_TEST_EXTENDED|DEV_HAS_CORRECT_MACADDR|DEV_HAS_COL
LISION_FIX|DEV_NEED_TX_LIMIT2|DEV_HAS_GEAR_MODE|DEV_NEED_PHY_INIT_FIX|DEV_NEED_MSI_FIX,
        },
                PCI_DEVICE(0x10DE, 0x0AB1),

as i expected its supported

did you use this one and the right version for the image (3615 or 3617)?

did you try to boot a live/rescue linux to check that the hardware side is ok?

did you use the synology assistant program to check in LAN after booting the loader?

edit: the storage of mcp79 should work too as it uses the ahci driver

Hello IG-88

I finished installing it using the 1.02b bootloader with v4.5 added NIC.

I can run it as a native device, DSM 6.1.4.

Thank you so much for your advice

good to see that the driver package is useful (recycling old hardware is still upcycling) - and don't stop thinking about buying a synology system, depending on use case they are interesting (or you can have a look at real open source solutions like OMV - hey synology we are still waiting for the source of the last 6.1.x DSM's)

Hello @IG-88

I wonder if there is a possibility to compile drivers for HP Microserver Gen7 (N36L, N40L, N54L) - in particular I2C driver for winbond W83795ADG - to be able to monitor hardware status with lm-sensors.

I found a github repo https://github.com/fetzerch/hp-n54l-drivers with drivers. I also remember there was generous person who did this by my request for DSM 5.

I (and i suppose many of MicroServer owners) would be very thankful if you can build driver for DSM 6.

Thanks a lot!!!

On 2/5/2018 at 6:11 PM, latonita said:

I wonder if there is a possibility to compile drivers for HP Microserver Gen7 (N36L, N40L, N54L) - in particular I2C driver for winbond W83795ADG - to be able to monitor hardware status with lm-sensors.

I found a github repo https://github.com/fetzerch/hp-n54l-drivers with drivers.

i downloaded and compiled it for 3615 (-> i2c-piix4.ko)

i2c-piix4.ko