XPEnology Community

Drivers requests for DSM 6.1

NO DOT INITIATE DISCUSSIONS OR ASK QUESTIONS BEYOND YOUR DRIVER REQUEST.
Such posts will be deleted without warning.

This topic is for requesting drivers for hardware (net, storage) which are not supported by XPEnology yet.

The purpose of this it to regroup drivers request in order to improve XPEnology compatibility. However, please note that there is absolutely no guarantee that any of these requests will be taken into consideration as this is done on people's free time. 

Please check the following 2 topics before asking for any driver ! 

Give most informations as you can (brand, chip, revision...).

If you can test your hardware with ubuntu livecd to get modules infos and/or give manufacturer download link.

Edited by Polanskiman
Added topics for users to check modules availability.

• 3 weeks later...

I would like drivers for the Intel C3758 SoC to use on the Supermicro A2SDi-H-TF.

I will mainly use the Sata and 10gbit ethernet ports on the system, Nvme will be something in the future if possible.

https://www.supermicro.com/products/motherboard/atom/A2SDi-H-TF.cfm

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/processors/atom/c-series/c3758.html

Link to drivers:

ftp://ftp.supermicro.nl/CDR_Images/CDR-A1-A2-UP

If you choose to help me I will buy the motherboard and do some testing.

18 hours ago, MBchristoff said:

I would like drivers for the Intel C3758 SoC to use on the Supermicro A2SDi-H-TF.

I will mainly use the Sata and 10gbit ethernet ports on the system, Nvme will be something in the future if possible.

the storage is all intel and ahci so it should work ootb from the storage side

the 10gbit lan is a X557-AT2 chip (when the picture in the quick reference guide is correct)

that chip is not new, its q2/2015 (https://ark.intel.com/products/88342/Intel-Ethernet-Connection-X557-AT2) and the driver is ixgbe.ko, that driver is already part (navive synology) of dsm 6.1 (at least 3615/3617 image, and for 916+ i will make drivers in a few days), so it should work ootb too (partly as jun did not make the ixgbe driver part of his loader so the nic will only work after installation of dsm, but my next extra.lzma will contain the drivers that are already part of dsm so that will be fixed too in some days, for now its possible to insert a nic that is supported with juns loader, install dsm and remove it after installation - alredy prooven to work with a e1000e driver a few days ago by someone here in the board)

good luck and keep us informed (there is already a thread for this)

PS: nice board if my ASRock C2550D4I dies (they are said to not live for long as of hardware/processor error by intel - i still keep my fingers crossed as my system does not run 24/7) that might be the replacemant (and it supports vt-d and ecc ram too)

• Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...

Mod,

I'm not sure if this is the correct thread to ask for ATSC tuner driver support.  I understand the official Synology does not support ATSC tuner but is this something that can be added to Xpenology?  

Thanks,

Sam

I need,

*-storage
                description: SATA controller
                product: 88SE9125 PCIe SATA 6.0 Gb/s controller
                vendor: Marvell Technology Group Ltd.
                physical id: 0
                bus info: pci@0000:02:00.0
                version: 11
                width: 32 bits
                clock: 33MHz
                capabilities: storage pm msi pciexpress ahci_1.0 bus_master cap_list rom
                configuration: driver=ahci latency=0
                resources: irq:35 ioport:1000 ioport:1001 ioport:1002 ioport:1003 ioport:1004 memory:bfa10000-bfa107ff memory:bfa00000-bfa0ffff

4 hours ago, brunokelo said:

88SE9125

https://ata.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/SATA_hardware_features

-> supported by ahci driver, so it should work

why do you think you need a extra driver for this, did you try it and it did not work?

On 12/13/2017 at 2:30 PM, Fooch said:

SiI 3512

On 12/13/2017 at 2:30 PM, Fooch said:

SiI 3114

same link as above -> sata_sil

as i wrote in my extra.lzma tread(s) all sata_* and pata_* drivers are messed up in the synology source because they changed things in there way, the drivers do not load and as long as no one sends me a patch/diff to fix this it will stay that way

please be more cooperative if you want help, the correct name is "Mellanox ConnectX-2" and linking (linux) drivers would also be nice

beside that i cant' see the problem, the driver mlx4_core, mlx4_en is all the time part of 3615/17 release (natively provided by dsm)  and i already did drivers for 916+ (and got no feedback)

please at least read and try whats available

• Like 1

On 12/17/2017 at 9:38 PM, petrs said:

chipset  Aquantia AQC107

thanks for the link

i was counting the days till someone would ask for those, seen this new "cheap" 10G cards for a while and was thinking of buying one (and because of this i already knew that driver source is available)

updated the the extra.lzma a few minutes ago to 4.4 now also containing the new Aquantia drivers

please pm me about you findings about the performance and stability

• Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...

I need for Abit NF-M2-nView

MCP51 integrated MAC / Realtek RTL8211BL PHY

Supports 10/100/1000M Gigabit Ethernet

I boot the pendrive and xpenology 1.01 and 1.02b2 but Synology assistant does not find it on my network. Must be lack of drivers of my ethernet ?

I also have RTL8139 , 100Mbit pci card ... i could try that ? but I see it as unsupported as well ? or am my mistaken

Edited by erio

On 1/6/2018 at 2:58 PM, John RAZ said:

It will be great to add the driver for the common wifi dongle TP-Link WN821N N300 V5 for my DS-916+ (DSM 6.1.4-15217 Update 5) xpenology server

no, to much problems, tried something like this with 2 people and got no proper feedback, took to much time and its kind of exotic, time is more useful invested in basic drivers like nic and storage (at least from my point of view)

beside being able to use an AP/router in network for wlan you can also use a model supported by synology

https://www.synology.com/en-global/compatibility?search_by=category&category=usb_wifi_dongles&p=1

On 1/7/2018 at 5:07 PM, erio said:

I need for Abit NF-M2-nView

MCP51 integrated MAC / Realtek RTL8211BL PHY

Supports 10/100/1000M Gigabit Ethernet

the driver would be forcedeth.ko and thats already part of the extra.lzma

(

both are already supported in my extra.lzma, sky2.ko and r8169.ko

Hello~

Then, already added 'Marvell Yukon 88E8039 PCI Express Fast Ethernet Controller', too?

If not added,

Could you please add drivers for :

-Marvell Yukon 88E8039 PCI Express Fast Ethernet Controller

-NEXT-220UL USB Ethernet Controller

Linux driver source :

https://www.marvell.com/support/downloads/driverSearchResults.do (Please search to Part Number '88E8039')

and attached file

thank you for your support ASAP :)

NEXT-220UL_210CA Win7_Vista_XP_2k_nac_linux driver.rar

hello.

could you please add drivers for :

-VX900 Serial ATA Controller

-Broadcom Corporation NetLink BCM57780 Gigabit Ethernet PCIe

already documented in my topic with the extra.lzma in the driver lists for network and storage

VX900 -> sata_via -> not working with dsm 6.1 until someone fixes the kernel code

BCM57780 -> tg3 -> working