XPEnology Community

Failed to update Virtual Machine Manager

nexuscan

Hello all,

I am using baremetal machine installed 6.1.3-15152 update 4.

some how virtual machine manager app is corrupted. I could not able to update, re-install or uninstall.
and I decided to uninstall manually in terminal with ssh connection. I did it.
then I just simply installed. But now it cannot start. it look like repair button comes in packages app windows. And when I click this button it give this error: 

Failed to update "Virtual Machine Manager". You cannot remove this package because this Synology NAS is a part of a Virtual Machine Manager cluster. Please remove the host from the cluster to proceed.

Regards.

On 13.9.2017 at 6:31 AM, nexuscan said:

guys any ideas about that ? is there way to fix issue with ssh commands?

many thanks.

I had VMM installed too and I think you need to remove the cluster before you uninstall, I did this and I could uninstall with no problem.

But if you forced the uninstall without removing it from the cluster it possibly broke your installation :(.

If you have access to another Diskstation I would try to install VMM there and try to remove it from the cluster there, but I don't know if that is possible.

• Like 1

hi 

On 13. 9. 2017 at 6:31 AM, nexuscan said:

guys any ideas about that ? is there way to fix issue with ssh commands?

many thanks.

hi

can you post what cmd you use

what directories you delete

i m trying stop vmm proceses but 5 of them etcd synohost synoccc synovncrelay cant

can delete storage vm cluster cant uninstall vmm :smile:

thanks

so i have finaly manage to delete vmm

1. stop vmm

sudo synoservice --stop pkgctl-Virtualization

2. delete Virtualization folder in my volume1/@appstore  ,done that in midnight commander

3. package center  instantly shows that virtualization package is broken  and offer repair it but i click uninstall and finaly vmm dissapear :smile:

4. deleted @Repository  at my volume1, there was stored vm configs maybe vm disks, maybe it is necesary delete another folder, 

5. didn't get any free space,  but vm never start so vmm probably didn't alocate disk space for vm disk

Happy with that now.

• Like 2

On 3.10.2017 at 11:37 PM, magara said:

1. stop vmm

2. delete Virtualization folder in my volume1/@appstore  ,done that in midnight commander

3. package center  instantly shows that virtualization package is broken  and offer repair it but i click uninstall and finaly vmm dissapear :smile:

4. deleted @Repository  at my volume1, there was stored vm configs maybe vm disks, maybe it is necesary delete another folder, 

5. didn't get any free space,  but vm never start so vmm probably didn't alocate disk space for vm disk

Happy with that now.

works like a charm. Thank you :smile:

Edited by Invidia

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello all again,

I just install new dsm on vm. and I just tested with new this machine about my issue. And as I understand I should delete Host on Virtual Machine Manager.

But I cannot open this application.

So, I need your help about; to delete this host with command cli.

Is there way to remove this Host record?

many many thanks to all. 

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi,
i ran in same Problems like above

installing (using) VMM on an HPe Gen 10 running XPenology DS918+ DSM 6.2.2-24922 Update 4..

I installed VMM but cannot start it..
after that uninstalled it and tried to reinstall but without success…

The package Comes Always as "to repair", also when i did manually steps like @magara ..

VMM Version is 2.5.0 - 9432

are there some more issues with VMM i'm not aware ?

Thanks for help...

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
On 10/4/2017 at 7:37 AM, magara said:

1. stop vmm

Happy with that now.

I know it was a long time ago, but just wanted to let you know this info helped me remove my locked-up vmm!

Many thanks!