XPEnology Community

DSM 6.1.3-15152 Update 4

nevusZ

3 hours ago, Super169 said:

Do you mean that I should have problem?  I was using the DS3617xs image already,

platform aka bromolow / broadwell aka 3615 / 3617

the mentioned "tb" problem was specific for 3617 and was fixed with loader 1.02a (afair)

Edited by IG-88

Just updated my Q1900-ITX from 6.0.X to 6.1.3 U4 successfully.

Used Jun's 1.02b loader.  Copied the VID/PID, SN, MAC.  Used the stock ramdisk and everything else.

Clean install which kept all the data but I had to reinstall all the apps, although it somehow remembered all the data settings.  My docker also came up nicely after I reinstalled the app without having to re set it up.

HDDs never hibernate but thats because of the Docker (Unifi controller) as well as the Cloud Sync thats always keeping it active.

I did the upgrade on my N54L AMD and it worked fine with me too, using Jun's Loader 1.02b with correct PID/VID, Sn+Mac to 6.1

However, After upgrade to update 4 it does not come back up when the disks are in. Without them it gets an ip and is visible. Putting the disks back in I don't see it anymore. Any tips? Appreciate some direction in what to look for. Tx all!

4 hours ago, ronin said:

I did the upgrade on my N54L AMD and it worked fine with me too, using Jun's Loader 1.02b with correct PID/VID, Sn+Mac to 6.1

However, After upgrade to update 4 it does not come back up when the disks are in. Without them it gets an ip and is visible. Putting the disks back in I don't see it anymore. Any tips? Appreciate some direction in what to look for. Tx all!

When it boots up without the disks what's showing in control panel, has DSM recognised update 4? Have you tried using a different USB to see if you get the option to reinstall?

On 9/15/2017 at 6:20 PM, sdho said:

I'm on ds3615xs DSM 6.1.3-15152 Update 4 with extra.lzma version 3 of IG-88 and received the following from "Security Advisor"

"DSM system files have incorrect hash values"

/usr/lib/modules/bnx2x.ko

/usr/lib/modules/usbnet.ko

the added modules from the bootloader should be found in /usr/lib/modules/upddate/

the location in question is the one where dsm stores it "original" files

did you copy anything manualy at some point?

whats the time/date/size of the files?

can you create a md5 hash?

md5sum /usr/lib/modules/bnx2x.ko
31c19459ba1854e623eec89dc75f6e98  /usr/lib/modules/bnx2x.ko

md5sum /usr/lib/modules/usbnet.ko
c62816846ca4bc83eb0723153043a015  /usr/lib/modules/usbnet.ko

Hey there,

HP Gen 8 barematel, was on 6.1.2-15132.

1) Updated to 6.1.3-15152 through auto-update, restarted and everything came up just fine

2) Updated to 6.1.3-15152 U4 through auto-update, restarted and Ilo started but syno-soft didn't. Had to hard-reset manualy, but then everything came up normaly.

10 minutes ago, karkulka said:

Hey there,

HP Gen 8 barematel, was on 6.1.2-15132.

1) Updated to 6.1.3-15152 through auto-update, restarted and everything came up just fine

2) Updated to 6.1.3-15152 U4 through auto-update, restarted and Ilo started but syno-soft didn't. Had to hard-reset manualy, but then everything came up normaly.

i remember some people reporting restart problems with 6.1, shutdown and start did work for them, maybe its the case here?

Edited by IG-88

1 minute ago, IG-88 said:

i remember some people reporting restart problems with 6.1, shutdown ans start did work for them, maybe its the case here?

Yes, i have heard about it, but this is the first time I encountered it myself. Will see if it is one-time thing or not...

BTW I am using Jun's 1.02b loader if anyone concerns.

1 hour ago, Dfds said:

When it boots up without the disks what's showing in control panel, has DSM recognised update 4? Have you tried using a different USB to see if you get the option to reinstall?

When it boots up it gets recognised by synology finder, but unable to install because of missing disks. Tried different USB as well. What I did found out is when in June loader I pick reinstall (2) and re-install the pat file it is there again without update. A reboot makes it disappear again from the network and no IP is allocated. I am sure it has nothing to do with update 4, but probably related to missing driver for the internal network card of the HP microserver. I am trying to find out if the driver is loaded on juns 1.02b version. Not sure how to check this.

Thx for answering!

Edited by ronin

Just now, ronin said:

When it boots up it gets recognised by symbology finder, but unable to install because of missing disks. Tried different USB as well. What I did found out is when in June loader I pick reinstall (2) and re-install the pat file it is there again without update for. A reboot makes it disappear again from the network and no IP is allocated. I am sure it has nothing to do with update 4, but probably related to missing driver for the internal network card of the HP microserver. I am trying to find out if the driver is loaded on juns 1.02b version. Not sure how to check this.

Thx for answering!

The driver for the N54L's network card is definitely in jun's 1.02b loader as my N54L is running with it right now. Do you have a spare HDD that you could try a clean install with?

1 minute ago, Dfds said:

The driver for the N54L's network card is definitely in jun's 1.02b loader as my N54L is running with it right now. Do you have a spare HDD that you could try a clean install with?

No, unfortunately not. So you can reboot without issues? Weird. It is running now, so I need to find a solution before rebooting :-) Could it be that, on install in DSM finder, I picked upgrade instead of new install?

Just now, ronin said:

No, unfortunately not. So you can reboot without issues? Weird. It is running now, so I need to find a solution before rebooting :-) Could it be that, on install in DSM finder, I picked upgrade instead of new install?

No I've not had any problems since updating. Choosing upgrade would be correct if you were coming from DSM 5.2 or DSM 6.0.2. Mine was upgraded from 6.0.2 to 6.1.3, then update 4 when it became available.

19 hours ago, IG-88 said:

the added modules from the bootloader should be found in /usr/lib/modules/upddate/

the location in question is the one where dsm stores it "original" files

did you copy anything manualy at some point?

whats the time/date/size of the files?

can you create a md5 hash?

31c19459ba1854e623eec89dc75f6e98  /usr/lib/modules/bnx2x.ko

c62816846ca4bc83eb0723153043a015  /usr/lib/modules/usbnet.ko

Yes, once I received the error, I copied the files manually from extra.lzma (ver 3) into /usr/lib/modules.  Both versions from /usr/lib/modules/ and /usr/lib/modules/updates/ are the same:

ls -al /usr/lib/modules/bnx2x.ko
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1746456 Sep 10 14:38 /usr/lib/modules/bnx2x.ko
ls -al /usr/lib/modules/update/bnx2x.ko
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1746456 Jun 17 05:47 /usr/lib/modules/update/bnx2x.ko

ls -al /usr/lib/modules/usbnet.ko
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 38840 Sep 10 14:38 /usr/lib/modules/usbnet.ko
ls -al /usr/lib/modules/update/usbnet.ko
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 38840 Jun 17 05:47 /usr/lib/modules/update/usbnet.ko

67bce69d2b25d66012627d0d78cae1a8  /usr/lib/modules/bnx2x.ko
468d753c563a7c6a014d017a6accde18  /usr/lib/modules/usbnet.ko

Thanks for your help IG-88.  Thx to Polanskiman as well.  You guys are great!

I have just updated to DSM 6.1.3 on an AMD 8 processor bare metal pc with few issues. Mostly that is adding Virtual Box as an example where it reports a 'kernel" issue but generally at least for my computer its working pretty good however I have just bought from eBay an I5 motherboard and ram etc so I will give update 4 a whirl on the AMD setup before I swap out the motherboard etc. ..............Ok so that works now running  DSM 6.1.3 update 4 running fine.on ...GIGABYTE GA-F2A88XM-D3H FM2+ Micro ATX Motherboard AMD A8-6600K Black 8gb ddr3 and    4x 2tb WD red drives in raid 5 btrfs. I have done nothing in terms editing any files/boot etc  this is just using jun 6.1.2 loader hope this helps any AMD users

Hello guys!

I have just migrated from dms 5.2 to DSM 6.1.3-15152 update-4

Works perfectly! Im using esxi 6.0. I can reboot my xepnology nas without any problems. running the ds3617xs.

Motherboard supermicro X10SL7-F with xenon E3-1265L. Passthrough SAS controller and I have 8discs. 

regards K

10 hours ago, IG-88 said:

solved would  be if the warning is gone and that will happen if you restore the two modules in there original state (with the md5 my modules have, those are the one from synology)

you can extract the correct files from the DSM_DS3615xs_15152.pat you used for insralling you will find them in hda1.tgz\hda1\usr\lib\modules\

(you might use 7zip for this, thats what i tryed)

Thx, I extracted the two files from the original 15152.pat file and now the problem is gone.

Just successfully installed xpenology on exsi 6.5 last night for the first time. Used a synoboot image and It loaded right up.  Updated to the latest version and works great.

dell R900

x7460 dual processor 12cores

32Gb ram

only issue is that it’s limited to a 12Gb partition and shows 500gb, i can’t seem to expand the storage to use the whole disk. Ideas?

On 17/09/2017 at 11:00 AM, ronin said:

Difference between my setup is I use the sataport=4 options. The rest is the same. Been running stable since the update came out.

15 hours ago, ronin said:

Unfortunately did not work. I really can't get my head around it. It's a HP N54L AMD Turion II Neo with 8GB. Baremetal install with Jun 1.02b and it works all flawlessly, unless I reboot.....then it's gone, unable to find it. :-(

I took the opportunity to choose "new install" instead of migration. This did the trick, even updated to update 5 :-). I lost all my DSM settings (not my files of course, but for now that is ok. Reboots and runs flawlessly. Thanks for your support. SOLVED