XPEnology Community

DSM 6.1.3-15152 Update 4

nevusZ

I can confirm that the Jun's 1.02b loader also works on my box running an AMD E-350 dual core CPU. It's an older CPU, so perhaps whatever initialization code is in place works for older AMD processors.

I even updated to the latest release DSM 6.1.3-15152 Update 4, with no issues. I've still experienced the same sporadic problem since I updated to the 6.0 series, so that hasn't changed, but it's not any worse either.

On 9/8/2017 at 4:53 AM, viper359 said:

Got this email from Synology:

Dear Synology users,

An important update for the DiskStation Manager (DSM) 6.1 is released. We suggest users to update your DSM as soon as possible to ensure the integrity of your data. Download the update on your DSM: Control Panel > Update & Restore.

An open source issue that’s prone to affect data integrity in rare situations has been identified. Although it only affects a handful of users, users are encouraged to upgrade to the latest DSM 6.1.3 update 4 and conduct RAID scrubbing to avoid running into this issue.

The issue may occur only when the following conditions are all met:

• The server is using RAID 5, RAID 6, RAID F1, or SHR with more than 3 disks.
  • The volume is created on EXT4 file system.
  • The server is running on DSM 6.0.2-8451 and above.

If your DiskStation meets the criteria, please conduct the following steps:

1. Upgrade to DSM 6.1.3 update 4 (Download now)
  2. Conduct RAID scrubbing. (Learn more)

The issue was brought to our attention a few weeks ago when the NAS communities discussed the potential data integrity threat that may occur after a RAID 5 repair. In-house investigation revealed the issue stems from Linux feature known as skip_copy. This open source feature contains a slight design fault that may lead to potential data corruption after a RAID array is repaired from degrade mode. Synology team moved quickly to identify and reproduce the issue, which is resolved in the latest DSM 6.1.3 update.

Synology is committed to high standards of data protection and safety. Keeping user information safe has always been our priority. In addition, as a vibrant supporter of Open Source, Synology has reported this issue to the Community. By calling to the attention of the mass community, we seek to join forces with influencers in the field in delivering continuous contribution on data integrity and data protection.

Owners with the following models should upgrade their models to the DSM 6.1.3 update 4 as soon as possible:

Did anyone RAID scrub after update following this email? 

On 07/09/2017 at 9:38 PM, Dark Zydor said:

Major crash tonight. I updated to update 4 this morning. I do not know if there is a link.

No more volume. No more web interface (maybee something like timebomb coming back ?).

I have exactly the same issue.

Updated yesterday without issue after seeing it was ok on the forum and this morning, no more volume, no more web interface but i can access to the share.

i have a vmware version

Edited by elkillor

build-a-box GA Z77X-based system running Jun's 1.02b 3615xs loader has booted twice successfully so far without issue. I do see another forum post about possibly the 3617xs image is suffering a time bomb but it's too early to tell who's experiencing it and who is not yet.

Today my dsm shows "page is not found"

and can't mount volumes.

I have esxi 6.5, gigabyte z270n wifi, g4560 and 8gb ram

tried to unmount all hdds, create new virtual disk, installed dsm, booted it and working like new, and after mounting my existing hdds it's not working and showing sorry, page you are looking for is not found.

Edited by korotkov

55 minutes ago, korotkov said:

Today my dsm shows "page is not found"

and can't mount volumes.

I have esxi 6.5, gigabyte z270n wifi, g4560 and 8gb ram

tried to unmount all hdds, create new virtual disk, installed dsm, booted it and working like new, and after mounting my existing hdds it's not working and showing sorry, page you are looking for is not found.

What version of the loader did you use? 3615xs, 3617xs or 916+ ? I assume since you posted in this topic that you were using DSM 6.1.3-15152 update-4.

9 минут назад, Polanskiman сказал:

What version of the loader did you use? 3615xs, 3617xs or 916+ ? I assume since you posted in this topic that you were using DSM 6.1.3-15152 update-4.

3617xs and yes, after upgrading to update 4. It passed few days and today it broke up.

I have kaby lake processor, thats why i use 3617xs. Is there a huge difference to use 3615xs? I didn't had such issues with it.

Edited by korotkov

2 hours ago, elkillor said:

I reinstalled my nas in version 6.1.3 update 3 and no more issue at the moment....

beside the usual security issues there might be a good reason to use update 4

https://forum.synology.com/enu/viewtopic.php?t=135059

"Dear Synology users,

An important update for the DiskStation Manager (DSM) 6.1 is released. We suggest users to update your DSM as soon as possible to ensure the integrity of your data. Download the update on your DSM: Control Panel > Update & Restore.
An open source issue that’s prone to affect data integrity in rare situations has been identified. Although it only affects a handful of users, users are encouraged to upgrade to the latest DSM 6.1.3 update 4 and conduct RAID scrubbing to avoid running into this issue.

The issue may occur only when the following conditions are all met:

-The server is using RAID 5, RAID 6, RAID F1, or SHR with more than 3 disks.
    -The volume is created on EXT4 file system.
    -The server is running on DSM 6.0-8451 and above.

If your DiskStation meets the criteria, please conduct the following steps:

-Upgrade to DSM 6.1.3 update 4 (Download now)
    -Conduct RAID scrubbing. (Learn more)

The issue was brought to our attention a few weeks ago when the NAS communities discussed the potential data integrity threat that may occur after a RAID 5 repair. In-house investigation revealed the issue stems from Linux feature known as skip_copy. 
This open source feature contains a slight design fault that may lead to potential data corruption after a RAID array is repaired from degrade mode. Synology team moved quickly to identify and reproduce the issue, which is resolved in the latest DSM 6.1.3 update.

Synology is committed to high standards of data protection and safety. Keeping user information safe has always been our priority. In addition, as a vibrant supporter of Open Source, Synology has reported this issue to the Community. By calling to the attention of the mass community, we seek to join forces with influencers in the field in delivering continuous contribution on data integrity and data protection.

Owners with the following models should upgrade their models to the DSM 6.1.3 update 4 as soon as possible:

17 series: RS18017xs+, RS4017xs+, RS3617xs+, RS3617xs, RS3617RPxs, DS3617xs, DS1817+, DS1817, DS1517+, DS1517
    16 series: RS18016xs+, RS2416+, RS2416RP+, RS816, DS916+, DS716+II, DS716+, DS416play, DS416slim, DS416j, DS416
    15 series: RS815+, RS815RP+, RS815, RC18015xs+, DS3615xs, DS2415+, DS2015xs, DS1815+, DS1515+, DS1515, DS715, DS415+, DS415play
    14 series: RS3614xs+, RS3614xs, RS3614RPxs, RS2414+, RS2414RP+, RS814+, RS814RP+, RS814, RS214, DS414slim, DS414j, DS414
    13 series: RS10613xs+, RS3413xs+, DS2413+, DS1813+, DS1513+, DS713+, DS413j, DS413
    12 series: RS3412xs, RS3412RPxs, RS2212+, RS2212RP+, RS812+, RS812RP+, RS812, DS3612xs, DS1812+, DS1512+, DS712+, DS412+
    11 series: RS3411xs, RS3411RPxs, RS2211+, RS2211RP+, RS411, DS3611xs, DS2411+, DS1511+, DS411+II, DS411+, DS411slim, DS411j, DS411

Sincerely,

Synology Development Team"

I'm on ds3615xs DSM 6.1.3-15152 Update 4 with extra.lzma version 3 of IG-88 and received the following from "Security Advisor"

"DSM system files have incorrect hash values"

/usr/lib/modules/bnx2x.ko

/usr/lib/modules/usbnet.ko

Should I be concerned with the log?

Thanks,

sdho