XPEnology Community

XPEnology DS3612xs DSM 4.3 build 3810++ (repack v1.0)

Trantor

Anyone try 3810 update 3 that was just released?

Yes. I've installed it on my N36L MicroServer, and it appears to work just fine.

Andy.

Hi Andy, I tried on my HP36L with Trantor 4.3 3810++ 1.0 and it's not working... update programs stop at 10% with and empty error windows (title: DSM Update, no text, only ok button).

Any idea?

Thanks!

eman

Anyone try 3810 update 3 that was just released?

Yes. I've installed it on my N36L MicroServer, and it appears to work just fine.

Andy.

Hi Andy, I tried on my HP36L with Trantor 4.3 3810++ 1.0 and it's not working... update programs stop at 10% with and empty error windows (title: DSM Update, no text, only ok button).

Any idea?

Thanks!

eman

One difference I can see is that I'm running the v1.1 beta 2 of synoboot, which might make a difference.

You might also ssh in as root, and look at the log files in /var/log. Check the messages file and synoupdate.log for any signs of a problem.

If you've previously updated to update2, then you need to ssh in and delete the autoupd@te.info file before attempting the new update.

Not sure what else to suggest.

One difference I can see is that I'm running the v1.1 beta 2 of synoboot, which might make a difference.

You might also ssh in as root, and look at the log files in /var/log. Check the messages file and synoupdate.log for any signs of a problem.

If you've previously updated to update2, then you need to ssh in and delete the autoupd@te.info file before attempting the new update.

Not sure what else to suggest.

Ok, so I updated first to 1.1beta2, and after I make again the update, but nothing to do, I have the same error...

I checked /var/log/synoupdate.log and it says only:

start critical update to buildnumber: 3810 original smallfixnumbre: 0 new_smallfixnumber: 3

No I never update my DSM before update3.

Thanks for help

ema

Updated synoboot (more virtualization support, more drivers): viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1361&p=9464#p9464

I installed 4.3 on my system, but my 5th hdd is not recognized, i already changed the synoinfo.cfg but it won't work. With 4.2 i had no problem.

I see that more people have this problem, is there already a fix for this?

Look here : viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1028&start=50#p5369

Keep in mind like Kanedo said : modify usbportcfg and esataportcfg so they aren't colliding with internalportcfg

Ok, so I updated first to 1.1beta2, and after I make again the update, but nothing to do, I have the same error...

I checked /var/log/synoupdate.log and it says only:

start critical update to buildnumber: 3810 original smallfixnumbre: 0 new_smallfixnumber: 3

No I never update my DSM before update3.

Thanks for help

ema

Ok, problem solved...

I have a folder "/@smallupd@te" in root, so I removed it and I removed also the file "/smallupd@te.info".

I repeated the whole procedure, and this time all went smooth.

Thanks to all for support.

ema

Hi,

From system information > General > Thermal Satus ; the generic temperature system, (over the balls, it will say the temperature) in my system is forever 40 degrees/104 F even when cold. I think that was not detected thermal sensors on my system.

You correctly detected temperature in your systems?

Just a quick comments or two on my initial install. First, for the most part it works pretty well. Tahnks for the effort.

However, on my LSI SAS controller in IT mode, it the current build only sees 6 of 8 drives. The install would not even install the default OS & swap partitions. I used Unbuntu 13.x on it to verify eh drive status. When I install the last two drives on the internal SATA ports the current build could see and partition the drives. Afterwards, I moved the drives back tot he LSI controller, but still it could not see them. I did that because I was not sure if the drives were not seen by the OS because they were not partitioned properly to begin with.

Also, for those with a curiosity bump, the bootable drive is actually a SSD installed on SATA port 1 not he motherboard. Without it, you can't install/boot the OS.

hello 4.3 users

is the bios reset issue (at least present in 4.2) occur also in this version ?

are you able to keep your bios setting after reboot ?

thanks

I believe BIOS reset issue is a hardware compatibility issue, not a software issue. I think DSM wants to keep time using GMT and not your local time zone. Like all modern OS, DSM wants to modify the BIOS to its correct time (GMT). Since your BIOS is not compatible with the way DSM wants to modify the time, you get a corrupted BIOS after reboot.

I've found DSM doesn't like the BIOS from Supermicro but is ok with ASUS. With ASUS BIOS, I can set the shutdown time but setting a wake up time corrupts the BIOS. The best compatibility I've found so far is from Intel motherboards, specifically the DQ35xxx motherboards. I am able to schedule a wake up time with the Intel motherboards.

DSM probably also doesn't like UEFI.

i found out that there is a bug on intel ICH9 or 10 controllers who try to read the startsectors of every harddisk.

they have a problem if pxenology is installed. For example the Intel controller stops scanning harddisks in AHCI mode at 23 Seconds.

My solution was in this case to change to IDE Mode. If you delete the partition table of every harddisc the intel controller will scan all harddisks correctly after the next restart until xpenology is installed.

unfortunately intel has provided faulty hardware/controller Bios.

some more details could be found with a google search for "ahci isrc error 23"

Merry Xmas

Schippe

I've found DSM doesn't like the BIOS from Supermicro but is ok with ASUS. With ASUS BIOS, I can set the shutdown time but setting a wake up time corrupts the BIOS. The best compatibility I've found so far is from Intel motherboards, specifically the DQ35xxx motherboards. I am able to schedule a wake up time with the Intel motherboards.

HP N54L wakes up and shutdown by DSM timer without problems and resets.

i found out that there is a bug on intel ICH9 or 10 controllers who try to read the startsectors of every harddisk.

they have a problem if pxenology is installed. For example the Intel controller stops scanning harddisks in AHCI mode at 23 Seconds.

My solution was in this case to change to IDE Mode. If you delete the partition table of every harddisc the intel controller will scan all harddisks correctly after the next restart until xpenology is installed.

Merry Xmas

Schippe

You can also try RAID mode. Raid implies AHCI. It must be hardware because I had this same problem on an Intel DQ35MPE which is using the same BIOS as my Intel DQ35JOE

Merry Xmas

Schippe

My ICH8 won't get past the AHCI bios screen with XPEnology installed either. Have to run in IDE. Works fine if I blow the partitions away.

Merry Xmas

Schippe

I have the same problem,my MB sb is ICH8R.

DSM4.2 3211 and DSM 4.3 3810 hang at "ahci bios 23" too.

I have to set the bios to IDE Mode.

Merry Xmas

Schippe

Hi Schippe,

ICH10 works perfectly on my Asus P5QL/EPU. Try to activate AHCI and deactivate any HDD in BIOS (e.g. choose "Not installed"). Since you are not going to boot from, it is no problem to "hide" them.

Boot from USB, XPEnology will find your HDDs in AHCI!

This worked for me in 4.2 and 4.3.

Hope this helps and good luck.

Hi everyone,

Has anyone managed to install this on Virtual Box?

I have tried few times with different options without joy.

I get "Failed to create connection"

Both Windows 7 with Assistant and Synology vm is connected via host-based interface with DHCP enabled.

The MAC is correct and I have tried it with synoboot-3810-pre-v1.1_v3 as well.

Please advise.

Thank you