XPEnology Community

XPEnology DS3612xs DSM 4.3 build 3810++ (repack v1.0)

Trantor

Hi Trantor,

Any approx timescales on v1.1 ?

I hope this week-end if I have enought free time :geek:

Hi,

I tried to update my ESXi virtual machine running DSM 4.2-3202 but I got error 21, any idea?

Thanks!

:sad:

I'have build a working DSM 4.3 ESXi version with PVSCSI support(based on jukolaut work). Tested with ESXi 5.5 (but I'm not sure everything work properly.)

I will post this, so expert ESXi people can give feedbacks :wink:

Trantor,

I was wondering if you could try to make a test build suited to 32-bit CPUs?

Given that the DS214play uses a 32-bit only (not able to process 64-bit) Intel Evansport SoC, the Intel Atom CE5335, it *must* be possible to compile and make a 32-bit version of XPEnology. I believe that a somewhat limited version of 4.2 was hacked, but it didn't work well and installation and setup was, well, cumbersome and limiting (file system usage limited to EXT2).

Info from CPU-World: "The platform will support 32-bit Linux..." http://www.cpu-world.com/news_2012/2012 ... vices.html

Evansport GPL: http://sourceforge.net/projects/dsgpl/f ... nsport%29/

Offering a 32-bit version opens up XPEnology usage for a whole range of older legacy hardware, such as the Intel 32-bit CPUs: Pentium 4, Core Duo, Pentium M etc.

Looking forward to testing the v1.1. Do you have any idea of how many use XPEnology?

I have stall DSM on my NAS,but I find the disk cannot hibernate,the system writes data to the file every few minutes ,the location of the file is /var/log/messages.

I open the file,like this:

Dec 13 12:58:05 FrankLv-NAS file_download.cgi: file_download.cpp:742 sharing redirect faild to fetch query result

Dec 13 13:02:08 FrankLv-NAS file_download.cgi: file_download.cpp:742 sharing redirect faild to fetch query result

Dec 13 13:02:09 FrankLv-NAS file_download.cgi: file_download.cpp:742 sharing redirect faild to fetch query result

Dec 13 13:02:10 FrankLv-NAS file_download.cgi: file_download.cpp:742 sharing redirect faild to fetch query result

Dec 13 13:04:16 FrankLv-NAS file_download.cgi: file_download.cpp:742 sharing redirect faild to fetch query result

Dec 13 13:04:37 FrankLv-NAS file_download.cgi: file_download.cpp:742 sharing redirect faild to fetch query result

Dec 13 13:04:37 FrankLv-NAS file_download.cgi: file_download.cpp:742 sharing redirect faild to fetch query result

Dec 13 13:04:49 FrankLv-NAS file_download.cgi: file_download.cpp:742 sharing redirect faild to fetch query result

Dec 13 13:05:16 FrankLv-NAS file_download.cgi: file_download.cpp:742 sharing redirect faild to fetch query result

Dec 13 13:05:19 FrankLv-NAS file_download.cgi: file_download.cpp:742 sharing redirect faild to fetch query result

Dec 13 13:05:44 FrankLv-NAS file_download.cgi: file_download.cpp:742 sharing redirect faild to fetch query result

Dec 13 13:05:45 FrankLv-NAS file_download.cgi: file_download.cpp:742 sharing redirect faild to fetch query result

Dec 13 13:05:48 FrankLv-NAS file_download.cgi: file_download.cpp:742 sharing redirect faild to fetch query result

Dec 13 13:10:20 FrankLv-NAS file_download.cgi: file_download.cpp:742 sharing redirect faild to fetch query result

Dec 13 13:10:20 FrankLv-NAS file_download.cgi: file_download.cpp:742 sharing redirect faild to fetch query result

Dec 13 13:11:28 FrankLv-NAS file_download.cgi: file_download.cpp:742 sharing redirect faild to fetch query result

Dec 13 13:11:28 FrankLv-NAS file_download.cgi: file_download.cpp:742 sharing redirect faild to fetch query result

Dec 13 13:12:36 FrankLv-NAS file_download.cgi: file_download.cpp:742 sharing redirect faild to fetch query result

Dec 13 13:12:36 FrankLv-NAS file_download.cgi: file_download.cpp:742 sharing redirect faild to fetch query result

How to solve this problem,Thanks!

Hi@all

Have some Problems after installation System going down in a Loop .

some after boot the same think.....

Hardware:

DellT1500 with Adaptec ICP5165BR

Upcoming v1.1 will include latest aacraid driver (already in pre v1.1_v2 in drivers requests topic).

But dsmatom own a RocketRAID 3620 Controller, disks are detected by the system but not by DSM :sad:

Hi@all

Have some Problems after installation System going down in a Loop .

some after boot the same think.....

Hardware:

DellT1500 with Adaptec ICP5165BR

Upcoming v1.1 will include latest aacraid driver (already in pre v1.1_v2 in drivers requests topic).

But dsmatom own a RocketRAID 3620 Controller, disks are detected by the system but not by DSM :sad:

Hello@all

Is is Great my system (Dellt1500 With Adaptec ICP5165BR) is running. I test it and give responce.. Great Great jop awesome :lol::lol::lol:

in use pre v1.1_v2 with 4.3 build 3810++ (repack v1.0)

I have stall DSM on my NAS,but I find the disk cannot hibernate,the system writes data to the file every few minutes ,the location of the file is /var/log/messages.

I open the file,like this:

Dec 13 12:58:05 FrankLv-NAS file_download.cgi: file_download.cpp:742 sharing redirect faild to fetch query result

Dec 13 13:02:08 FrankLv-NAS file_download.cgi: file_download.cpp:742 sharing redirect faild to fetch query result

Dec 13 13:02:09 FrankLv-NAS file_download.cgi: file_download.cpp:742 sharing redirect faild to fetch query result

Dec 13 13:02:10 FrankLv-NAS file_download.cgi: file_download.cpp:742 sharing redirect faild to fetch query result

Dec 13 13:04:16 FrankLv-NAS file_download.cgi: file_download.cpp:742 sharing redirect faild to fetch query result

How to solve this problem,Thanks!

EDIT by Trantor : Thank you for this, but no need to yell ^^

I have found the problem.

I change port 5000 to 9001,I change port back to 5,000,DSM can hibernate.

Installed 4.3-3810 with v1.1-beta2 of synoboot on a N36L MicroServer with 8GB ram and 5x3TB drives.

Everything works fine out of the box (as far as I can tell). Only thing I've not yet tested is WOL.

Massive thanks to everyone who has worked hard on this new release!

Same on a gen8 Microserver (G2020T CPU, 2 GB RAM, 1x TB WD RED)

The only issue is the noise. Fan is running constantly at 40-45% and it's a bit annoying.

Anyone try 3810 update 3 that was just released?

Yes. I've installed it on my N36L MicroServer, and it appears to work just fine.

I did the following:

1) Download update using the DSM Update tool.

2) Create task that contains the following code:

sed 's/flashupdateDeb/flashupdateDeb1/' /autoupd@te.info > /autoupd@te.info1
   mv /autoupd@te.info1 /autoupd@te.info

3) Run this task manually.

4) Logged in as root, and verified that autoupd@te.info was modified correctly (which it was).

5) Clicked update button in DSM update.

The MicroServer rebooted, but hung during bootup.

The last message before the hang is:

[ 0.288134] pci_root PNP0A08:00: ignoring host bridge window [mem 0x000d0000-0x000dffff] (conflicts with Adapter ROM [mem 0x000cf000-0x000d19ff])

I then power cycled the machine, and it all booted up just fine. I am running the v1.1 beta2 of synoboot, but I'm not sure if this is important.

Hope that helps,

Andy.

I'm having a problem checking for updates. Everything was working fine yesterday and I have not made any changes. Any ideas on what might be the problem? My internet connection is fine.

I got my issue sorted out. I had to delete the previous update file (update 2) before it would allow me to check for new updates.

Thanks to tantonsen in this thread: http://xpenology.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1959

Now the dsm4.3-3810 can be update to DSM 4.3-3810 UPDATE 3.

who can break it?

Hi, If ur all ready on Ver2

You must remove files autoupd@te.info from the root folder (rm /autoupd@te.info* via SSH) and follow instructions again:

Download DSM update 3, execute code below and finaly install update.

sed 's/flashupdateDeb/flashupdateDeb1/' /autoupd@te.info > /autoupd@te.info1
mv /autoupd@te.info1 /autoupd@te.info