XPEnology Community

XPEnology DS3612xs DSM 4.3 build 3810++ (repack v1.0)

Trantor

Does this release require a 64-bit capable CPU or will a 32-bit work, e.g. 32-bit Intel Pentium M 740 or Intel Core Duo T2500 ?

Oh, and thanks for your work; I'll test it when exams are over in January '14.

As far as I know, I think it will only work with 64 bit processors, as previous versions (recents ones) did...

but I read 4.3 relies on something from a Chinese website. I don't understand fully what was involved with the change from 4.2 to 4.3 but I followed the every post in the thread.

Where did you read this? Post your sources.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1082&start=240

Yes, there indeed was a chinese release before Trantor's, but as far as I know, he only adopted the method, not the actual files - meaning everything is custom-made, so no worries, no chinese trojan will leave dirty in your server :wink:

Sorry I'm again very busy at work.

I read 4.3 relies on something from a Chinese website.

Absolutely not. My 3810 repack is build from scratch (synology sources and pat file) with k3dt fix.

so I did some reading and found out an older mpt2sas driver on the request for driver thread that someone had compiled as .ko into the kernel, I replaced the zimage on the usb and the M1015 works, however the intel i210 network does not and neither does the onboard sata.

so it is a driver issue. maybe it can be fix on the next update

Can you tell me where have you download this kernel ?

HI, 1st Post.. :smile:

I have an N54L with this build on it, works a treat, thanks Trantor.

I have seen that there is a modded bios for the N54L which enables the 5th Sata Port, will these been seen by this build and can I just add another 3TB drive (same as the other 4) for a 5 drive set?

Anyone done this?

Cheers.

OK do me a favor and test it like this on ESXi5.1:

After you deploy the OVF template, don't start your VM, but go to settings first, you'll see that SCSI controller is not Paravirtual, but LSI Logic Paraller. Add a virtual hard disk, SCSI, thin provisioned (just for test), then change type of SCSI controller to Paravirtual. Start the VM but the machine will auto shutdown.

Also Network aqdapter is E1000 but this can be change without a problem to VMXNET3.

Changing SCSI controller to PV type before first launch causes poweroff indeed :-|

I remember having kept LSI Logic Parallel during first start + init, then switched to PV and it worked fine ... or setting was just not applied ?

Then I switched again, but to LSI SAS this time and remains my current setting for testing.

Found some time and retested this as you suggested, but the same failure applies - VM still makes auto shutdown.

Noticed that using the VM with LSI Logic Parallel, after the initialization of the volume ended successfully, you cannot reboot/shutdown the machine for some additional time(5 minutes in my case). There is a message telling that some maintenance is in progress over volume1 and power off will be possible after this action is finished. Also some mdraid recovery messages can be saw in console. I mean WTF is it doing if the volume completion was reported as finished successfully? :???:

Also in HDD Management, the disks are reported as SSD :???:

As I mentioned first time, better wait for Trantor's release :ugeek:

Found some time and retested this as you suggested, but the same failure applies - VM still makes auto shutdown.

Noticed that using the VM with LSI Logic Parallel, after the initialization of the volume ended successfully, you cannot reboot/shutdown the machine for some additional time(5 minutes in my case). There is a message telling that some maintenance is in progress over volume1 and power off will be possible after this action is finished. Also some mdraid recovery messages can be saw in console. I mean WTF is it doing if the volume completion was reported as finished successfully? :???:

Also in HDD Management, the disks are reported as SSD :???:

As I mentioned first time, better wait for Trantor's release :ugeek:

It's okay for me. The system can be used, despite this warning and I can wait Trantor's release for ESXi.

By the way, I could hide the disks 1,2 in HDD Management by chaning mask in /etc/syninfo.conf (put last two bits to 0 for internalportcfg property )- but the warning still remains.

I have seen that there is a modded bios for the N54L which enables the 5th Sata Port, will these been seen by this build and can I just add another 3TB drive (same as the other 4) for a 5 drive set?

Anyone done this?

Look at my signature. :wink:

Yes, it works just fine. Search for the BIOS done by TheBay, as it says in my signature. There are other BIOS versions around, but this works just fine for me.

I had installed XPEnology DS3612xs DSM 4.3 build 3810++ (repack v1.0) on my old pc. synology assistant can install the pat file normally. but "buzzer stop button pressed" warning constant in the console and the cpu load was very high(often >90).

I also try to install XPEnology DS3612xs DSM 4.2 build 3211++ (repack v1.2), console display stop at "[synoboot]attached scsi removable disk"(it something wrong there?the normal boot should stop at "booting the kernel..."?), but synology assistant can search the XPEnology, and install pat normally. everything is OK, no "buzzer stop button pressed" warning,and the cpu load is very low.

My old pc hardware: Core2 Duo E6300(oc 2.8G),4G RAM, gigabyte 965p-ds4 ver1.0 MotherBoard.

I'm sorry for my english , I hope everyone can understand what I'm taking about.

Hi,

I have a question with EXSI 5.1 & DSM 4.3.

I have convert VDI to VMDK, but when reboot after installation, the error grub 22 come out.

I have try replace the VMDK file but problem still, any suggestion ??

Any installation step I missed ??

Thanks all advise.....

I had installed XPEnology DS3612xs DSM 4.3 build 3810++ (repack v1.0) on my old pc. synology assistant can install the pat file normally. but "buzzer stop button pressed" warning constant in the console and the cpu load was very high(often >90).

I also try to install XPEnology DS3612xs DSM 4.2 build 3211++ (repack v1.2), console display stop at "[synoboot]attached scsi removable disk"(it something wrong there?the normal boot should stop at "booting the kernel..."?), but synology assistant can search the XPEnology, and install pat normally. everything is OK, no "buzzer stop button pressed" warning,and the cpu load is very low.

My old pc hardware: Core2 Duo E6300(oc 2.8G),4G RAM, gigabyte 965p-ds4 ver1.0 MotherBoard.

I'm sorry for my english , I hope everyone can understand what I'm taking about.

Will be fixed in next Trantor's build. I forgot patch that. You can replace synobios.ko with this file: http://k3dt.eu/synobios-patched3.ko

Will be fixed in next Trantor's build. I forgot patch that. You can replace synobios.ko with this file: http://k3dt.eu/synobios-patched3.ko

Thank you very much~~ :grin:

Hi,

I have convert VDI to VMDK, but when reboot after installation, the error grub 22 come out.

Thanks all advise.....

Hi,

wait for ESXi specific release by Trantor, or you can try this as beta if you can't wait. Works great already :smile:

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1737

Normal boot NEVER stops at "Booting kernel...". Only stops there if it cannot boot.

The SCSI removable disk message is perfectly fine. It means that your devices are detected as hot-swappable disks, but will still function fine.

If the buzzer message stays, stick with 4.2. I'm pretty sure if enough people bug the devs with it, it will be fixed :wink:

After an error, my xpenology cannot detect the hdd's

Aug 24 03:02:08 Synology2 spacetool.shared: space_disk_block_get.c:63 Failed to open path: /dev/sda, errno=No such file or directory

Aug 24 03:02:08 Synology2 spacetool.shared: space_disk_block_get.c:63 Failed to open path: /dev/sdb, errno=No such file or directory

No fun.

What can I do ?

Normal boot NEVER stops at "Booting kernel...". Only stops there if it cannot boot.

The SCSI removable disk message is perfectly fine. It means that your devices are detected as hot-swappable disks, but will still function fine.

If the buzzer message stays, stick with 4.2. I'm pretty sure if enough people bug the devs with it, it will be fixed :wink:

haha,thank you for your reply!

Forgive my ignorance as I am currently have been using the Qnology FM builds up until now.

I have a QNAP TS-459 Pro II running Qnology 4.2. Can I just do a web upgrade using the 4.3 .pat file? Or is the upgrade process more complicated?

Sorry for the "newbie" questions, but most of the users here seem to be running PC's.

Thanks,

T.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nepkmcj5csg93 ... 8%2058.jpg

further loading is not.

the same situation with all builds + + (4.1, 4.2).

Mb BioStar A770E (RTL) SocketAM2+ < AMD 770> PCI-E+GbLAN SATA RAID ATX 4DDR-II

Cpu Athlon 620 x4

Ddr2 5 gb

Hdd 160gb for test

Gigabit Ethernet ACORP L-1000S PCI

screenshot made after detaching and attaching the boot flash

Hi,

Thanks all advise.....

Try this one if you want

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9745941/DSM4.3.rar

So I currently have a HP N54L up and running with DSM 4.2.

Now I see that you guys have made 4.3 possible, can I install it on my N54L without a problem? How do I go ahead and perform the upgrade? Will all my files and settings remain intact?

What exactly do I gain by upgrading to 4.3?