XPEnology Community

XPEnology DS3612xs DSM 4.3 build 3810++ (repack v1.0)

Trantor

Hi!

First of all -thank you for great work!

I am trying to install dsm on old pc - 1U Intel P4 platform sr1425bk1 with 1Gb ram. 3x400Gb SATA HDDs.

After boot with USB before install DSM i see multiple messages "synobios buzzer stop button pressed"

Then i installed DSM and login with SA and CPU on DiskStation has 98% utilization, and multiple log entries "The clear buzzer botton has been pressed"

I read forum and find :

Switching off “buzzer stop button pressed” logging message:

.text:0000000000000395 80 7C 24 17 00 cmp [rsp+28h+var_11], 0

.text:000000000000039A 74 D4 jz short loc_370

to

.text:0000000000000395 80 7C 24 17 00 cmp [rsp+28h+var_11], 0

.text:000000000000039A EB D4 jmp short loc_370

http://xpenology.com/wiki/en/building_xpenology

Please make new repack with this modofication.

Of course :mrgreen:

Need to test /add some SCSI drivers (from drivers request topic) first and I will post new repack.

Please do one more favor and include the fix from darkest_star - Power off from the buttom

PS: I'm patient about the ESXi version :ugeek: but daring to ask: can we have for the first time the VMware Tools installed into ESXi version? Nobody got it working yet, so without them it is not possible to do a safe Guest Shutdown).

I... made it...

Hot to install bootstrap - Inte/AMD CPU (x86)

1. login SSH/Telnet with:

username: root

password: (admin password)

* for Telnet, you have to activate Telnet service from CP - Terminal

2. Install Boostrap

Add sign # before this two lines in file /root/.profile

For this, use vi - see instructions here

#PATH=/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/syno/sbin:/usr/syno/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin

#export PATH

=== those folders might note exist ===

rm -rf /volume1/@optware

rm -rf /usr/lib/ipkg

cd /

ln -s /volume1/@optware /opt

cd /

mkdir /volume1/@tmp

cd /volume1/@tmp

wget http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/optware/syno-i686/cross/unstable/syno-i686-bootstrap_1.2-7_i686.xsh

chmod +x syno-i686-bootstrap_1.2-7_i686.xsh

sh syno-i686-bootstrap_1.2-7_i686.xsh

ipkg update

ipkg upgrade

Reboot

=============================

How to use vi

NEW: If you have DSM 4.0 there is an additional step. In the file /root/.profile you need to comment out (put a # before) the lines "PATH=/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/syno/sbin:/usr/syno/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin" and "export PATH". To do this enter the command "vi /root/.profile" to open the file in vi. Now change vi to edit mode by pressing the "i" key on your keyboard. Use the down cursor key to move the cursor to the start of the line "PATH=/sbin..." and put a "#" infront of this line so it is now "#PATH=/sbin...". Do the same for the line below so it is now "#export PATH". Now press the escape key (to exit edit mode) and type "ZZ" (note they are capitals) to tell vi to save the file and exit. For background info on why this is neccessary for DSM 4 refer to http://forum.synology.com/enu/viewtopic.php?p=185512#p185512

Alternatively, you can modify the PATH statement by prepending the existing $PATH. You can do this in vi by typing the following while in command mode: ":%s/PATH=/PATH=$PATH:/" and then "ZZ" to save and exit (or ESC and then ":q!" to quit without saving if you made a mistake.)

Of course :mrgreen:

Need to test /add some SCSI drivers (from drivers request topic) first and I will post new repack.

Please do one more favor and include the fix from darkest_star - Power off from the buttom

PS: I'm patient about the ESXi version :ugeek: but daring to ask: can we have for the first time the VMware Tools installed into ESXi version? Nobody got it working yet, so without them it is not possible to do a safe Guest Shutdown).

Seconded this request, very much appreciated ! Thanks in advance :wink:

Very nice work....thanks everybody, and especially to Trantor...

This build works perfectly well, and I had absolutely no trouble upgrading my 4.2 version to this one...just reinstalling a few packages and doing some basic configuration...

The work that has been done is just amazing... :grin:

• Like 1

Hi i have trouble getting High Avalebilety working.

I can go thrugh the entire wisard and accept at the end, then it looks like configuration starts,

then after a short period i get an error message saying "operation failed. Please re-login and try again"

How can i resolve this?

Update in the /var/log/messages i get the following error lines on the active server not on the passive server.

Nov 21 20:59:01 san1ha.cgi: write to uart2 error, error=(5)Input/output error

Nov 21 20:59:01 san1 ha.cgi: ha.cc:1712: SYNOHWExternalControl failed 8192

Fresh Install inside a proxmox/KVM works like with DSM4.2_b3211

now let's try with data loaded system

Edit : 10 minutes later, with data loaded system, just do like a normal installation, just untick the "format data drive" button if it is available (it was not on my KVM)

this rocks :wink:

Super work Trantor! Thanx

I using a new HP N54L. I was able to use WOL on 4.2 only with Synology Assistant. Never got to wake it with anything else. Installed Trantor 4.3 and I can't get WOL working at all. You guys with the N54L, how did you do it?

Thanks

My mistake,

I forgot to enable "eth0_wol_options".

But still can't get it to wake up with anything but Synology Assistant.

I would like to wake it using magicpackets.

Anyone?

You need to have the real mac address for wol to work. I've edited the vendor file buy my mac addy won't change like it did in 4.2.

I've changed the MAC in vender and it shows up in "Info" and in the Synology Assistant. Like I said, it works with the assistant but not with any magic packet. I even got it to work with DS Finder over the internet! All I had to do is forward port 9 UDP from the router.