XPEnology Community

XPEnology DS3612xs DSM 4.3 build 3810++ (repack v1.0)

Trantor

Thanks for this amazing work. I was just wondering how hard it would be to bake in kernel support for advanced routing:

- CONFIG_IP_ADVANCED_ROUTER (maybe this is already there)

- CONFIG_IP_MULTIPLE_TABLES (this is surely missing, I get an error when doing 'ip rule')

- CONFIG_IP_ROUTE_FWMARK

Otherwise I guess I'll just try digging into kernel compiling, but I'm sure that would cause more problems than it would solve.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Usual way - put image onto USB stick, boot up server, Use Synology assistant to migrate to DSM 5.0 using the .pat file with the image. Done it myself a couple of days ago and didn't lose any settings for Plex/SB/CP/HP/SAB. The only thing that broke was PlexConnect but a quick uninstall/reinstall of that got it working again.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

It appears the download link for the DSM is no longer functioning. Can someone who has a copy please IM me or if anyone knows of a functional download link please reply. I have a system that crashed and I have gotten it up but can not access my data. Status shows as "migratable" and further investigation indicates the install went bad and I need to reload the DSM. Any help on getting the DSM is appreciated so I can get 2+ TB of data back :smile:

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Was planning on wiping my FreeNAS server and running XPEnology but from my first impressions of the support and lack of downloadable files, it looks like this is something that's not a serious contender in the open source NAS category. Too bad though, it looked pretty cool and had lots of functionality (from what I've read).

• 2 weeks later...