XPEnology Community

XPEnology DS3612xs DSM 4.3 build 3810++ (repack v1.0)

Trantor

Hi sorry for posting if this was already answered but I am running out of ideas on how to fix this.

I am unable to get the drives to hibernate. I have tried disabling CIFS, Plex and some other services but they still refuse to hibernate. The USB drive connected will but the 4xWD 3TB drives will not.

Any ideas on how to get them to spin down for a rest? The log says nothing was trying to access them and they have been set to 10minute hibernation. Is there a setting I am missing perhaps?

They are connected to a B75 Chipset Mini ITX motherboard via this PCIE 4 port SATA.

Lycom PE-120 AHCI SATA III-6Gbps

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/360897609589? ... 1497.l2649

Hi sorry for posting if this was already answered but I am running out of ideas on how to fix this.

I am unable to get the drives to hibernate. I have tried disabling CIFS, Plex and some other services but they still refuse to hibernate. The USB drive connected will but the 4xWD 3TB drives will not.

Any ideas on how to get them to spin down for a rest? The log says nothing was trying to access them and they have been set to 10minute hibernation. Is there a setting I am missing perhaps?

They are connected to a B75 Chipset Mini ITX motherboard via this PCIE 4 port SATA.

It's the SATA card you are using that's preventing your drives from hibernating. I've found that some SATA expansion cards will allow the drives connected to them to hibernate but other's won't. Even cards that Trantor has added drivers for won't allow the drives to hibernate.

It's the SATA card you are using that's preventing your drives from hibernating. I've found that some SATA expansion cards will allow the drives connected to them to hibernate but other's won't. Even cards that Trantor has added drivers for won't allow the drives to hibernate.

Thanks for the replies, I spent ages tinkering but eventually found that it was Plex Media server that was saying hello to all and any DLNA clients once every 60seconds which was waking up the drives. I disabled plex and the drives are happily going to bed and not being woken up till I access them.

The drives are working fine and I am on 10.92TB usable from 6x3TB drives on Raid 6. I have 4 drives connected to that raid card I just listed and the other 2 are connected to the onboard B75 chipset 3Gbit ports. The SSD with the Xpenology install is on the 6Gbit port on the B75 chipset but It doesnt really do anything (its a small 64GB SSD)

I just ordered the UK equivalent of a Kill-A-Watt meter to have a look at the draw of this system when hibernating. If possible I would want to try to get it around 20-40watts - currently I have no idea what its using.

In my recent logs, i keep getting logs saying "User [anonymous] from [x.x.x.x] failed to log on via [sSH] due to authorization failure. I have change the Mac Address and Serial Number but it looks like the connections are still trying to be made. Is someone trying to hack my device? and is there anyway I can stop this?

A few random thoughts:-

Block the IP address in your router if you can (not great if you're getting lots of different IP addresses reported and not future proof).

Change the default SSH port from 22 to something else (and remember to use that port on any SSH clients you use).

I think there's a firewall in DSM (I don't use it), see if you can block specific IP's from there.

If you don't need the capability to SSH to your NAS over the internet and only access it (via SSH) over your LAN then look to restrict the IP subnet for SSH access to 192.xxx

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Great work guys,

but one more question, i had Supermicro X10SLH with additional SATA card. Xpenology virtualised on ESXi, add card passed thru to xpenology, worked fine, now i changed board for Supermicro X10SL7-F with onboard LSI 2308 (flashed to IT), passed thru, it boots up and first welcome install screen appears...it looks that it found drives connected, but it cant access them, no config found, also cant install to those drives connected to 2308, xpenology restarts with some errors, when i connect drives back to add card (stupid cheap SATA card) it founds config and boots normally...:-/

Btw, when i disconnect drives attached to 2308 reboot, install screen appears and tells me that no drives found...So it knows about LSI...but...

Any ideas?

Great work guys,

but one more question, i had Supermicro X10SLH with additional SATA card. Xpenology virtualised on ESXi, add card passed thru to xpenology, worked fine

What brand / model is the SATA card?

Its a cheap Axago PCES-SA4 but it is only 2 port adapter (4 ports, 2 internal, 2 external, but they are switchable and only two are active...)

So i wanted to raise storage capacity via integrated LSI 2308 passed thru to xpenology but i cant figure that out...:-/

Great work guys,

but one more question, i had Supermicro X10SLH with additional SATA card. Xpenology virtualised on ESXi, add card passed thru to xpenology, worked fine

What brand / model is the SATA card?

Its a cheap Axago PCES-SA4 but it is only 2 port adapter (4 ports, 2 internal, 2 external, but they are switchable and only two are active...)

So i wanted to raise storage capacity via integrated LSI 2308 passed thru to xpenology but i cant figure that out...:-/

I believe PCI attached controllers only can be passed through on ESXi hypervisor. It's a feature, not a bug :wink:

Do you know what cheapset it's based on? It looks like Axago is only available in .CZ web shops, I assume it's local .CZ vendor.

Cheers

• 4 weeks later...

Hi there, long time lurker, first time poster, nothing specific except I decided to speak up to say thanks

to everyone for the hard work they put into this, I've finally decided to come across from the nightmare that is Freenas, and boy I should have done that a long time ago.

This is one amazing piece of work and you should all be pretty happy with it. I'll be recommending it to everyone in the future.

Keep up the good work.