XPEnology Community

NZBGet for DSM 6.1

Diverge

Does anyone have a compatible package for DSM 6.1?

Synocommunity is ages behind, and it doesn't seem like they'll release anything anytime soon.

There was a guy who created packages for 6.1, but he decided he didn't have time to keep everything up to date, so he removed them all... this used to be the path: http://www.jadahl.com/synology6.1/packages/nzbget_bromolow-6.1_19.0-23.spk I haven't been able to find a mirror of it. Does anyone have a copy or something else that works? 

I'm not interested in using docker

• 2 months later...

Docker is sooo easy though.  I'm brand new to this project and I have sonarr and nzbget working flawlessly on a bare metal Dell T30 with 6.1.3

I was in the same boat, not thrilled that synocommunitywas broken for 6x and not crazy about using docker.

Check out the guides at drfrankenstein.co.uk

• 5 weeks later...
On 10/31/2017 at 3:11 PM, denmalley said:

Docker is sooo easy though.  I'm brand new to this project and I have sonarr and nzbget working flawlessly on a bare metal Dell T30 with 6.1.3

I was in the same boat, not thrilled that synocommunitywas broken for 6x and not crazy about using docker.

Check out the guides at drfrankenstein.co.uk

I have/had a bunch of apps running in dockers. I just don't like Synology's docker implementation. Most of the time things don't work from the GUI, and you need to start/create dockers from the command line. Some things I have to delete the docker and recreate it every time the system reboots because it doesn't start correctly. 

I am running docker on DSM since its early days and I am loving it.

Sure there are some oddities, like mapped volumes can use paths on shares only or parameters that are not supported by the Docker UI get stripped away, but it is still an awesome solution for the majority of images. Which other Docker Management UI actualy provides the possibility to stop a container, change parameters and restart it again?

Recreating a container after a reboot, sounds like you used parameters not supported by the Docker UI.