mb51running

TerraMaster F2-220

That system uses a J1800 which is an Ivy Bridge processor.  The 1.04b loader/DS918 image combination requires Haswell or later, so your CPU is not supported.

On 1.03b/DS3615, you may be able to install DSM 6.2 but as soon as you get to 6.2.1 via initial install or upgrade, an Intel NIC is required as the kernel panics on non-e1000e devices.

So you may be out of luck with that hardware, given the current state of things.  1.02b/DS3615/DSM 6.1.7 may stand a better chance to work and it's still extremely supportable.

FMI: https://xpenology.com/forum/topic/13333-tutorialreference-6x-loaders-and-platforms/

As for 1.04b, I also read that NIC limitation, but for 1.03b, there as several reports on this thread that point in another way, with successful boot on 6.2.

I'm quite way behind, because I can't even get the installation screen ( no IP).  

Or I am lucky

Or it can not be hardware problem 

because I am using 6.2.1 with loader 1.04 without ploblem

and I don't think F2-220 have different hardware... so...

try again 

star with formatted usb

controll all configuration

I've the f4-220, and tested both the 1.03b ds3615 (DSM 6.2 update 2) and then the 1.04b ds918  (6.2.1 update 4) .

The best combo is to use the 1.03b ds3615 mainly because:

-there are many more third party packages available

-virtualbox 5.20 works (no package for apollo lake platform of the 918+)

-it's possible to use lm-sensors package to control the fan speed of our nas (otherwise it just spins upd and down constantly and in bios there's no option to control it)

...Just my two cents

On 1/29/2019 at 2:52 AM, Herrnobiz said:

I've the f4-220, and tested both the 1.03b ds3615 (DSM 6.2 update 2) and then the 1.04b ds918  (6.2.1 update 4) .

The best combo is to use the 1.03b ds3615 mainly because:

-there are many more third party packages available

-virtualbox 5.20 works (no package for apollo lake platform of the 918+)

-it's possible to use lm-sensors package to control the fan speed of our nas (otherwise it just spins upd and down constantly and in bios there's no option to control it)

...Just my two cents

Could you please share the bios settings that you used? I'm asking, because with 1.03b I get no IP on boot