XPEnology Community

DSM 6 Virtual Machine Manager Kernel Panics

cralhr

Hello all, 

Has anyone had issues with Virtual Machine Manager and Kernel Panics inside of the VM? I haven't even been able to get an installer to fully boot for either Ubuntu or Windows 10. They both have a kernel panic while loading the installer. I'm using Jun's loader 1.02b.

My MoBo is an ASRock Rack C236 WSI with an Intel - Core i3-6100 3.7GHz Dual-Core Processor. The combo should support virtualization just fine, and I've been able to run VMs on Unraid and ESXi on the same box. 

I do have an issue where the bios date time gets corrupted on reboots and I have to press F1, but everything else seems to be working fine. I've been able to use USB3 drives for backups and everything. 

• 1 month later...

I had a similar problem experimenting with VMM on DSM 6.1.3 Update 6.

I haven't tried Windows, but unsuccessfully tried Ubuntu (latest), Lubuntu and Debian.  All failed with a panic.

On the Synology page for the VMM beta, there is a link to supported OS's.  Based on this I loaded up the Centos 7.3 1611 ISO and it installed and ran fine. So perhaps you need the specific versions they have identified for the beta code.

FWIW I have Supermicro X11SSH-F with an E3-1235Lv5

Edited by flyride