synogeek

Successfully setup HA cluster

Been busy, so just wanted to let you guys know I manage to setup a 2 node HA cluster succesfully. letting it do a test run, now

That's great news. Hoping you can share some info about this because I've caused two virtual machines to self-brick when merely testing the HA config during setup. Given this was a primary use case for Xpenology, my project is on hold until I see some success stories like this, haha.

I have done a HA cluster baremetal test setup in the past, with succes !
This was with jun's bootloader DSM 6.1.4 i think. (not so long a go)

However it ran fine, but sometimes it was a little slow when detecting that the slave or master was offline during testing.
Also want to note that slave and master both did not had similar hardware like CPU memory etc. this was completly different..

on vmware i never got it working...
I realy want to know how to get HA cluster working in vmware on DSM6

Same here. During Syno-HA configuration, there is a step that involves enabling/testing it. The VMs both locked up, and now every time they boot, the VMs lock up in a loop of some sort, using 100% CPU, until they are powered off. No way to resolve this without rebuilding my VMs, sadly. Hoping to see if the OP did this in a VM or bare metal. And if the test run worked.